|Jasmine St. Claire ~ Child of Hecate|
“I am an optimist. It does not seem to be much use to be anything else.”
|She walks in wearing light leather armour (for defence, flexibility, and ease of movement), her twin katanas strapped onto her back. Jasmine has a belt of shuriken around her waist and carries a shield at her side. Her hair is tied back into a strict high ponytail. Jasmine scans the arena, looking for her opponent. She shouts out, "Show yourself!"|
|Owned by: Caru ~ Posted on: 20:08, June 20, 2014 (UTC)|
- Daevyd: He moves toward the nearest rock to shield himself from Jasmine's sight, and throws a rock near her, then ducks and flattens against the floor.
- Jasmine: Jasmine at that moment, being very sensitive to her surroundings and using her powers to see in all given directions at once, sees where the rock had been thrown from. The bright moonlight aided her sight as well. She uses her shield to block it, and runs towards the direction of Daevyd's hiding place.
- Deavyd: He wills the shadows around him to hide him, even partially, waiting for Jasmine to appear in his vision. He keeps his hands to his sides and waits patiently.
- Jasmine: She doesn't see anything, but she's not convinced. Jasmine backs up, giving her opponent space, and readies a shuriken.
- Daevyd: He begins to stand, hearing Jasmine back away, and begins to pull out his katars, and slowly, quietly, moves behind another rock, moving towards the center of the arena. Here kitty kitty kitty... He thinks to himself.
- Jasmine: Jasmine moves behind a tree, still on high-alert. She's waiting until she spots her opponent to make her move.
- Daevyd: He slowly lies down and rolls all around coating his clothes and face with dirt, then belly crawls out to the center of the arena, katars in a reachable spot on his shoulder blades.
- Jasmine: She grows wary of the lack of events happening in this fight and sighs. "Hey, can we start this fight by tomorrow?" she yells out with a smirk. "I have other things to do besides kick ass, you know."
- Daevyd: He smiles hearing her voice coming from the tree, and begins to inch his way to the rocks and pillars nearest the tree for concealment. Cocky and arrogant. Just the way I like my enemies.
- Jasmine: Her smile fades and turns into a frown at the response of the absence of noise and her opponent. "I was serious," she said darkly, unsheathing her twin katanas.
- Daevyd: Daevyd crouches behind the tree, unsheathing both of his katars and saying, "I'm pretty sure you can see me, and I'm more than sure you can hear me too, so come on, let's have a little fun~" in a sing-song voice, before climbing into the tree, letting the shadows hide him partially.
- Jasmine: "You know, I'm pretty sure the fun would start if you came out and fight like a man instead of hiding like a coward." Jasmine snapped. She can see where Daevyd is perching on the tree, but plans to lure him as to completely destroy him then.
- Daevyd: "Arrogant little Hecate girl, I almost killed one of your kind once, I can do it again." He sheathes his right katar and drop out of the tree, crouching with his left katar up for defense and his right arm behind his back for a dagger. "But, if you insist, I can end it quickly."
- Jasmine: She smirks, sheathing her left katana and taking a shuriken out of her belt. "Arrogant? Me? Nonsense." Jasmine says, feinting shock. She throws her shuriken at Daevyd's knee, hoping that the sudden action catches him off guard.
- Daevyd: He sees the little glint of light from the shuriken and attempts to roll to the right with his free hand, only to have the shuriken lodge itself into his left ankle. "Urgh, really ticking me off little girl." He moves his right hand behind his back again and pulls a dagger out, before throwing it at her shoulder.
- Jasmine: She sees Daevyd moving his hand behind his back, panics, and ducks. Her worry-filled self's morale boosts as the dagger drops to the ground. Jasmine hurriedly charges at Daevyd, the moonlight strengthening her attack at his torso as she aims to diagonally slash at it.
- Daevyd: Seeing her charge, pulls his left arm down into a block and picks his right katar out of the sheath and attempts to stab at her jugular, trying to catch her a bit off guard.
- Jasmine: Once her attack is blocked, she sees Daevyd attempting to unsheathe his other katar. She rolls before he has the chance to unsheathe it, finishing in a crouch position. Quickly, she rises to her feet, picking out another shuriken and aiming for his shoulder.
- Deavyd: He sees his opening and charges past Jasmine and straight into the rocks, only to feel another shuriken in his shoulder. He sits in the shadow, letting the shadows fall over him and hide him a bit better.
- Jasmine: Jasmine sees Daevyd hide near the rocks, smirking. She unsheathes her other katana, letting both of them dangle at her sides. "Now we're having some fun!"
- Daevyd: Daevyd takes the shadows surrounding him, and let's them feed his power, become stronger but not being able to move made him a target because of the process. Wow, one of the best powers and it takes for f*cking ever to load, good job dad. He thought to himself while waiting for the shadows to finish empowering him.
- Jasmine: She considers throwing a shuriken in Daevyd's hiding place to weaken him, as she doesn't want to go too near him. Jasmine weighs her pros and cons and throws the shuriken, fast and hard at where she saw him disappear into.
- Daevyd: He hears a small whir and a vague clang as the shuriken hits the rock next to him. He lays his katars down quietly, keeping his daggers sheathed as rings. Daevyd then cuts off the process of powering himself, knowing he isn't in the best position, but decides to try something. He takes a dagger and cuts his palm drawing blood and smearing it on his chest, then taking the shuriken and shoving it into his chest, close to the heart but not penetrating the heart. He then moves over to the rock and props himself up, slouching and yet trying to look defeated and slows his breathing to make it sound hollow and ragged, close to death.
- Jasmine: She hears a clang of the shuriken hitting the ground and softly curses. Her curiosity gets the best of her as she nears Daevyd, her katanas crossed in front of her in an X shape. She bends down hesitantly when seeing the shuriken lodged into his chest. Wondering how it got there as she most definitely heard it hit something and drop to the ground, she places one of the katana blades across his throat and picks out the shuriken out of his chest, stepping on his nice and hard with her boot. "Nice try, but next time make sure I don't hear the weapon drop to the ground."
- Daevyd: He tries to sound somewhat in pain and slides a hand to one of his daggers, coating it with blood from his palm. "Fine, I was trying to be nice and make you think I got hit by you, but I slipped and well... The dagger was out and.... yeah..." He tosses the bloodied dagger to her feet and looks up. "See? I was trying to be nice..." He hacks up a small amount of blood, startling himself and wondering why he's coughing up blood.
- Jasmine: Normally, she would be concerned for a person coughing up blood, but this is her opponent at the moment. Pushing her disgust/concern aside, she smirks. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to disarm your waist weapon either, as your kind deeds show. Take off the waist katar. Now. And I want you to hand it to me." she says, unsheathing her second katana. Jasmine makes sure to silently charm the weapon beforehand, so that it's ineffective if he tries to make a move.
- Daevyd: He takes off his right katar and silently curses for not thinking this through. "Here. I'm pretty sure the other one dropped while we were attacking each other earlier." He holds his hand and weakly asks, "If I give up, will you help me up? P-please?" Asking had never been an easy thing for him.
- Jasmine: "Not until you completely disarm yourself. Until you prove to me you've really lost the katar, I won't help you. And my sight of all directions isn't picking up any image of it." Jasmine cocks her head to the side. "Oh? What's that strapped onto your back? Another weapon?"
- Daevyd: He takes off his Katar *which is in bracelet form* and tosses it to her feet. "Will you help me now?"
- Jasmine: "No," she says, looking at Daevyd as if it's an obvious answer. "We're still opponents until we leave this arena or until one of us surrenders."
- Daevyd: He sits there and stares at the sky, wondering if he could kill her or just die and get it all over with. "Fine... Bye, then." He closes his eyes and tries to completely stop his heartbeat and stops breathing.
- Jasmine: She conjures up a fireball in her hand, releasing it and aiming it at Daevyd's jeans. If he's feinting death, he will have to stop the fire before it spreads.
- Daevyd: He sits there feeling the fire upon his pants and waits for them to eat at his pants enough so he can use the smoke to his advantage. On the downside, I won't have pants. And she's a woman so I think I should probably put this fire out. He rolls over onto the fire smoldering it with the dirt and trying to hold in any pain that had happened to burn him. "Goddamn woman! Trying to burn me alive? Fine! I give up, okay?!" He stands up and notices that the fire only ate at the cuffs of his pants. "Okay?"
- Jasmine: "Just checking if you're still alive, and my hunch was proven to be correct." she shrugs. Jasmine holds her two katanas in front of, crossed once again, protectively. "Really? You were bluffing the two other times. It would be a shame to set you on fire again."
- Daevyd: "Look, just help me up so I can get back to my cabin, and probably die in peace, okay? You won, fair and square." He holds out his hand and winces in pain.
- Jasmine: Jasmine raises an eyebrow. She senses something off about his surrender. "Lie on your stomach and then I'll shake your hand," Jasmine says, not trusting him, and considering the case that if he will attack her, she will have the upper hand.
- Daevyd: "Dammit woman! I'm sitting here, dying slowly and you are worried I'm going to attack you?! Screw this, go, go away." He moves back to the rock and slouches more, waiting to die. Man, even in battle people don't give a shit about one another, wonderful we live in.
- Jasmine: She rolls her eyes, resting her hands on her hips. "Honestly, I know better than to trust my opponent, dying or not. And if you really want to end this, maybe you'll do as you're told." Jasmine sighs. "Look, I want to get out of here too. We can both get out more quickly if this had went more smoothly."
- Daevyd: "How about, you leave now, because you already one and I said you won fair and square, so either help me up, or just leave." He stares at her, waiting for her decision.
- Jasmine: She walks toward the exit, her back turned to Daevyd. She's about to pass through the exit back to Camp when she digs in her jean pocket and throws a piece of ambrosia over her shoulder and near Daevyd. "You know, I would leave you dying but I'm not a total bitch. Nice fight today," she says before stepping through the exit, leaving Daevyd alone in the arena.
- Daevyd: He sees the ambrosia close to his feet but can't seem to get close enough to it. "Nice aim." He says weakly. Hey, I think I actually hit my heart with the shuriken. Stupidity -1 Daevyd - 0. Way to go. He thinks before closing his eyes and waiting. A nice day to die. I think. What's today, Tuesday? Yeah, a good day. WAIT, IT'S TUESDAY. He hurriedly tries to pick himself up and eats the ambrosia, then bolts out of the exit Jasmine walked out of yelling, "TACOES!"