⚔️ Son of Ares ⚔️ / Head Counsellor
King of Cabin 5 / My @ was almost ride_ryder / 🦉 Legacy of Athena 🦉 Camp Half-Blood Joined June 2017 92Following 1.5MFollowers
History @thebestcrest • May 20
When Victoria Jones attended Camp Half-Blood way back when in the Hermes' Cabin as a daughter of Mnemosyne, she never once saw herself as being one of the parents of future campers. In fact, she made a mini pact to herself back then that she'd never fall charm to a god, even if they tried their hardest. And she stuck with that. Both Zeus and Eros had tried to mate with her but, in her words, 'there's something about a god that makes you know it's them.' She was successful, right up until she moved to France as an English teacher.
Whilst she loved her time there, a sense of loneliness took over her and she felt isolated. Sure, thanks to her mother, she could speak to anyone she wanted, she still never felt the sense of companionship - even after dating many. Besides, the little village of St.Lô was too small for her. Rich in history, yes, but small. That was why, when she met Alistor Crest, it seemed to good to be true. Perhaps it was her loneliness that made Victoria look past the similar aura she was feeling that she had felt with Zeus and Eros, or perhaps it was the way Alistor spoke with that familiar Long Island twang that she had grown to love. Regardless, she fell for him and the two dated. The biggest red flag Victoria missed was that she was pregnant so soon into the 'relationship.' To make things worse? Twins. She confronted Alistor the next time she saw him and he revealed himself to be Ares. Half furious at herself for breaking her small pact she had made and half mortified that she'd have to go through the whole monster attacking deal again (and worse), Victoria told him that he'd done his part and go find the next mother of his children.
Finding the small village to be somewhat tainted for her with memories of Ares, Victoria moved back to London and stayed in a small flat on the outskirts, waiting for her children to be born. Soon, in July 1996, she gave birth to two baby boys; Ryder and Warner. Not that she had an overwhelming amount, but any resentment Victoria felt towards her two sons dissipated and she was left with an overwhelming amount of love for them. In the short time she had been in London for, she got a job at a respectable private school and was able to live comfortably on the maternity leave pay. In her lack of resentment for Ares, she gave her children the last name 'Crest' before taking it as her own legally.
Growing up, the family of three were happy and close and Victoria felt truly that the only things tying them to the Greek world were their parentage and the impending monster attack. She decided, however, that as long as she was near her sons at all times during the prime attack years, they would be safe and she could train them herself on how to use the various weapons they needed. And, for the first few attacks, that proved to be the case.
The twins' first attacked happened when they were around 12 on a day where they and their mother were out in the park having a picnic. A couple of hellhounds attacked the family and, under the orders of their mother, Ryder and Warner watched and stood back as she took down the two with somewhat ease - thanks to her training. Despite their questions, Victoria refused to answer them and the three went home promptly. That night, Ares knocked on her door and offered her weapons for her sons. She nodded, thanking him, and closing the door promptly, not needing to see him that day of all days.
The twins were subjected to various attacks from similar monsters - hellhounds and fire-breathing horses mostly. Like their mother had intended, she was with them all the time and never let them fight any monster. Behind the scenes she trained them in wielding a sword and she did allude to the fact that they were different but she decided that neither would know truly what they were.
Ryder's final attack was the one that ruined his and Warner's relationship in multiple ways. In the odd time they were allowed to do something without their mother, the two went on a walk around the surrounding fields where they were attacked by harpies. The two boys did have their weapons, the one condition their mother had put in place, and they did their best to fend the two harpies off. Whilst they were successful in one, the other managed to outsmart Warner and knock him to the ground before attacking Ryder. With both helpless, they were lucky to be saved by a satyr who heard the distinctive shrieks of a harpy. Though safe, a resentment developed on Ryder's side towards Warner, bitter he messed up in a way that meant he was close to death.
That night, Ryder told his mother of the day's events and decided he wanted to go to Camp to be safer. Although he had a now bitter dislike and distrust for his brother, he asked his mother what to do about leaving Warner to which she replied that she'd handle it. Content, he left in the night before Warner was aware, leaving the once one-sided dislike on Ryder's side to become mutual - both feeling betrayed by the other.
Since coming to camp, Ryder has mellowed down a lot and achieved a variety of things; for one, he's become the Head Counsellor for the Ares' Cabin and, for another, he's gotten engaged. Another one of his achievements, although a sore spot for him, was defending Camp against the Champions of Othrys. Leading the defence, as the Counsellor of Ares, Ryder was amongst it all and was slain protecting some of the younger, ambitious Campers. The Gods took pity on him and immortalised him and many others who suffered similar fates, surprised, honoured and proud by their dedication and compassion for Camp.
Powers @thebestcrest • May 20
[ 3/6/9 Powers Unocked ]
- Children of Ares can decrease an opponent’s strength and combat abilities for a short time, leaving them vulnerable to attack.
- Children of Ares are able to clap their hands so hard and fast due to their enhanced strength that it sends a small shock-wave out. The shock-wave generates enough force to knock an opponent off their feet and possibly leaves bruises on their skin.
- Children of Ares can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Ares have the ability to call forth civil justice onto the battlefield for a short time, making all opponents lose the will to fight if their actions are unjust. However, if the actions of the opponent are justifiable the power becomes redundant, and if the user attempts to attack the opponent while the power is in use it immediately wears off.
- Children of Ares are innately proficient in all forms of combat.
- Children of Ares are stronger and faster than the average human. Their skin is also capable of enduring more injuries.
- Children of Ares are always emitting an aura of violence and war, which makes people around them more likely to attack each other and start fights. They can shut it off for a long time.
- Children of Ares have the inhuman ability to leap great distances at once which can be used to dodge or attack. Upon landing, a small tremor is unleashed which causes anybody within a few feet to lose their balance.
- Children of Ares have the ability to empower strength upon nearby allies and instil fear upon nearby enemies with a deafening war cry.
- Children of Ares have the ability to enchant nearby weapons with either a positive effect or negative effect for the duration of a weapon; some examples would be increasing the sharpness of a blade or dulling it.
- Children of Ares are sometimes able to cause a small (3-5) group, to turn against each other by inducing a lust for violence and victory in combat. The targets would become irrational and fight among themselves determined to be the last warrior standing, causing chaos for a short time. The more affected the more energy is drained.
- Children of Ares can create an illusion of massive bloodshed, destruction and devastation on a battlefield, instilling everyone around them with cowardice and terror, causing them to panic and be routed for some time, until it wears off and they return to battle. Similarly, they can also do the opposite, causing everyone nearby to go into a battle frenzy, in which they recklessly fight the enemy. This power drains them significantly.
- Since their father has command over dead soldiers on the losing side of every war in history, children of Ares have the ability to summon a large group of armed skeletal soldiers, up to seven, which can then be controlled by the mind of their summoner. The longer the period of time for which they are summoned, the more the summoner is drained. Ex: The user can summon skeletal red coats, confederate soldiers, Nazis etc. Dead Soldiers who belonged to the winning side of the war cannot be summoned.
- Children of Ares can draw power from all the violent actions and desires they’ve seen, felt, or committed in their lives and become an embodiment of war for a short time, in this state they are as twice as strong and fast than before and are immune to all attacks. They emit a powerful aura which somewhat makes enemies think they are weak and doomed for failure. Once the transformation subsides and the user reverts to normal, they are immensely drained, cannot move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Ares are usually more courageous than most, especially when facing danger.
- As Ares is the god of civil order, his kids are often adept at creating order when there is chaos and fighting around them
- Children of Ares tend to love the thrill of battle and fighting, feeling natural when partaking in combat.
- Children of Ares often love the chance to show off their abilities, they’re often somewhat arrogant and hotheaded.
- Children of Ares typically have the potential to become great soldiers, agents or generals. Able to perform remarkable feats within the Military.
Traits as a Legacy of Athena
- Children of Athena are normally very intelligent, wise and clever. Able to easily excel in school.
- Children of Athena tend to be very adept at weaving, pottery and other crafts.
- Children of Athena typically have the potential to become great soldiers, agents or generals. Able to perform remarkable feats within the Military.
- Children of Athena can grow up to make great scholars, teachers, professors and scientists.
Relationships @thebestcrest • May 20
Gallery @thebestcrest • May 20
Custom Trivia @thebestcrest • May 20
- OOC, Ryder is the first character to have a 'Legacy of ____' category added to their page.
- Likewise, Ryder is the first Legacy of Athena to have the category added to their page.
Theia Ayteria @TheiaAyteria