Sappheire Diamandis @Sappheire child of deimos ⚠️ counsellor ⚠️ eternally youthful Camp Half-Blood Joined January 2018 218Following 602kFollowers
History @Sappheire • Jan 12
Aeliana was a gifted Roman singer who was born into a poor village with absolutely nothing to her name and no family left surviving after the harsh reality of death, disease and hunger that swept through the countryside. Her songs of sorrow caught the ears of Deimos, who impersonated a Roman soldier just to get the chance to meet her. Aeliana's interest in the man grew until they both found themselves infatuated with one another and her winding up pregnant with his child. He vanished frequently, often due to the war that was raging across the nation but she thought so little of it that it became the norm to not have him around. When she went into labor, Deimos showed one last time to meet his daughter. Sappheire was the spitting image of her father but had an abundant mix of gentle features from her adoring mother and the infant melted the god's heart. Deimos shattered Aeliana's world that night when he revealed himself and found nothing but hatred that remained, the love she had once felt burned to the ground.
Aeliana raised Sappheire alone with the small income she made from singing in the market and tried her best to provide everything for her child. Having caught the disease not long after Sappheire's birth, Aeliana eventually died when she was only four years old. Deimos stepped in once more and placed the child under the protection of an older son, Cyrus Diamandis and thus forth was raised to be a warrior from toddler-hood. Cyrus was very strict tutor and set out standards in which the young child had to fulfill, essentially skipping over affection and the love she needed from a guardian. She was six when he finally revealed what she was but that didn't seem to shock her, as he was one as well. Sappheire looked up to him despite his cold ways and found herself aspiring to be just like him. This oddly led to a very strong dislike for affection and having people get too close. Over the span of her childhood, Sappheire became a sort of demigod robot thanks to Cyrus.
Just shy of her thirteenth birthday, Sappheire experienced her first-hand monster attack when a handful of Myremekes attacked Cyrus and she joined in on the fight. With the help of Cyrus' hammer, they managed to subdue the pack of Myemekes together. From then on, Cyrus believed in her competence as a demigod and revealed the location of a camp that would be willing to accept her if she felt the need to go. While curious about Camp Half-Blood, she declined his offer and remained by his side for nearly four years. When she was seventeen, Sappheire received a dream from her father in which instructed both her and her older brother to find Alexander the Great as soon as possible and if they left in the morning, they would arrive on time to participate in the Battle of Gaugamela. Both children were auctioned off as props to Alexander's disposal, all thanks to a sacrifice he was planning to make to their father.
Sappheire and Cyrus, true to what Deimos said, arrived the night before the battle and mere hours after Alexander made a sacrifice to their father. It was like Deimos had eyes everywhere. Alexander the Great welcomed them as a gift from the god and prepared them for the battle with intricate plans and positions and while heavily outnumbered, they emerged entirely victorious from an extremely lengthy battle. Sadly, Cyrus lost his life on the battlefield and in honor of her mentor and guardian, Sappheire used his surname from then on. They celebrated the victory of Gaugamela for nearly three days in which the daughter of Deimos learned that Alexander the Great had plans to seek out the fabled Fountain of Youth and eventually asked if she could join. According to present day legends, they never found it but the fountain of youth really did exist and Sappheire was blessed with the gift of drinking the water that would render her eternally youthful.
Alexander and Sappheire parted ways and she began to travel the world, spending time in many corners of the globe she would have never fathomed to exist. For centuries, she fought her way through the world and oftentimes popped up in history throughout the ages under different aliases. Eventually, the demigod found herself a satyr companion that defected from camp merely three years prior. Ironically enough, it was that same satyr that ended up leading Sappheire back to Camp Half-Blood within the year. The journey to Camp Half-Blood was generally pretty uneventful up until they were attacked by a manticore. With her experience and the help from the saytr, the managed to defeat the monster and make their way safely to Camp, where Sappheire has now learned that Alexander the Great currently resides. Excited to see an old friend, Sappheire has no intentions on leaving anytime soon.
Powers @Sappheire • Jan 12
- Children of Deimos have the ability to send a wave of terror out in front of them which causes anyone affected by it to imagine something they fear; the bigger the wave, the more energy used. This can leave them vulnerable to attack.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to unleash their battle-lust and fight to their full potential; however, they are temporarily blind to friend or foe and attack anyone nearby.
- Children of Deimos can become resistant to all types of physical attacks for a short time.
- Children of Deimos can send out waves of terror and fear that may paralyze an opponent and cause them to stop attacking for a short time. But the user cannot attack the opponent while the paralysis is in effect.
- Children of Deimos are immune to any senses of fear and terror, making it impossible for them to get scared and panic in battle.
- Children of Deimos are innately proficient in most forms of combat and hold a higher state of physical prowess.
- Children of Deimos emit an aura of fear and terror, making people at least slightly afraid when near them. They can turn it off for a long time if they wish.
- Children of Deimos know the fears of everyone around them, as well as how a person is likely to cope with that fear.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to calm the fear of others.
- Children of Deimos are able to project a person’s worst fears into their mind, causing temporary trauma and confusion into them. This power is only active for a short time, and loses some of its effect the more it is used on the same person.
- Children of Deimos have the ability to conjure a real version of someone's worst fears, however, the child of Deimos is not able to control the conjured fear and is susceptible to them as well; they are also drained of a moderate amount of energy when the fear is conjured.
- Children of Deimos have the inhuman ability to leap great distances at once which can be used to dodge or attack. Upon landing, a small tremor is unleashed which causes anybody within a few feet to lose their balance.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos have the ability to focus on a person’s fears and mimic the abilities of that fear for a short time. If the user focuses on a pyrophobe, they will get some powers over fire. If the target is scared of a specific animal, they gain some abilities of the animal. (If the feared animal is a spider, the user will be able to generate webs from their wrists and crawl on walls.) And if the target is afraid of death, the user can drain some of their life-force and make them think they’re about to die. This power cannot be used to become incredibly powerful or instantly kill and the power can only be used once in a fight.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos can turn the fear and terror of others around them into emotional energy and then tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only up to 3 combative/non-combative items or 1 semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly 3 times the size of the one that conjured it. The longer they maintain combative/non combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive. The fear constructs will terrify/scare anyone they touch.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Deimos have the ability to become a spirit made entirely of terror. In this state, they can change into a tangible form of someone or a group’s worst fear. The tangible form of the fear is the same size as that fear exists in naturally, is immune to all attacks, and the fear’s strength is greatly increased from its natural strength. The more the user is feared, and the more the form the user is in is dreaded, the stronger the user’s form is. The user can only stay in this state for a short time, after leaving this form, the user will be extremely drained, not able to move and could possibly even faint.
- Children of Deimos are known to hate the idea of losing people they care about.
- Children of Deimos typically enjoy fighting and combat, since their father is considered a war god.
- Children of Deimos normally love scaring people and watching them drown in fear and terror, making Halloween a special holiday for them.
Relationships @Sappheire • Jan 12
Gallery @Sappheire • Jan 12
Custom Trivia @Sappheire • Jan 12