Scarlett Sinclair @Sinclair.S Child of Mnemosyne / Lieutenant Camp Half-Blood Joined August 2018 291Following 902Followers
History @Sinclair.S • Aug 31
"Great love can make a weak man strong and True love can make a brave man fall to his knees." The gentle hands of a 21 year old man wrote down in a book with hundreds of blank papers. Nathaniel Sinclair was the name of this young man and currently he was sitting at a local cafe, located somewhere in Paris, France, writing one of his many stories, that would probably never see the light of day...
Ever since a young age, Nathaniel had a certain love for writing and most of his stories revolved around the most popular topic... Love. Sadly Nathaniel's father, August Sinclair, never supported his son's dream and for most of his life pushed him towards the family business. If only Nathaniel was brave enough to stand up to his father but, he wasn't and always allowed the man to tell him what to do. Because of this, the young male usually did his writing in secret, which explains why he was is currently at the cafe.
Hours passed as Nathaniel continued to write and just as he was getting up to leave, he ran straight into the body of a beautiful female. "My apologies.... i should really watch my step..." Was all Nathaniel could muster out, awed by the woman's beauty. "It's alright, i myself should have been watching my step..." The woman, who later introduced herself as Abigail, replied with a small giggle. Just the sound of her voice could make Nathaniel fall to his knees... It was no secret that the young male was already smitten by the young female and soon, the two were sitting at a table talking and laughing for the rest of the day. After hours of talking, the sun began to set in the sky which lead to the two deciding to part way but, not before they swapped numbers so they could one day meet again.
Over the course of just a few weeks Nathaniel and Abigail grew closer and closer, bonding over their shared passion of writing. Up until now, Nathaniel had believed he would spend most of his life alone, never finding that perfect girl.Abigail seemed to be that perfect girl though, the young male even went as far as to think that she may be "THE ONE". Then one night, while the two had went on one of their many dates, they ended up at Nathaniel's house and making love for the first time.
The night was over for the two love bird and the full moon shined through the window of nathan's room, illuminating the room with a soft moonlight. As the young male was a fairly light sleeper, he heard the sound of a small creak and was awoken only to find that Abigail was gone. For a moment he thought the girl had maybe left to the restroom and even went back to bed for the rest of the night. When the young male awoke in the morning, he noticed Abigail still gone and was a bit confused by this. Had Abigail left because she didn't enjoy their night together? Or maybe he was wrong about the girl and she was just another girl he had a fling with? Nathaniel would never know since Abigail never returned after that night, well at least not for a few months.
Months had passed for Nathaniel and although he missed Abigail dearly, he chose to attempt to move on with his life. The attempt of course wasn't going so well seeing as he was currently laid down on his bed, the windows shut which made the room dark, and his duvet pulled over his head. Suddenly, Nathaniel heard the sound of one of the maids calling out from the other side of his dorm. "Mr.Sinclair..." she said before tapping on the door three more times. "Mr.Sinclair, there is a women outside asking for you.... she mention her name was Abigail?" with the sound of her name, Nathaniel shot out of bed and race to the front door, surprised that the girl standing in the doorway was actually her.
"Abigail!" The young male shouted in excitement and was going to run towards the girl and hug her but, stopped in his tracks once he noticed what was in Abigail hands. it was a beautiful baby girl that laid asleep in Abigail's arms. Nathaniel was confused as to why Abigail was here, with a child, and also questioned why she left in the first place. After minutes of staring at the child, Nathaniel put two and two together and came to the conclusion that the child must be his. Abigail hadn't been gone long enough to have his child though..... had she? "I don't know where to start Abigail...." He said as his gaze went from the child, to Abigail, then to the floor. "How about we start with my real name.... Mnemosyne" With this, Nathaniel's gaze shot back up to the female, an even more confused expression plastered on his face. "And the fact that i'm actually a Greek goddess"
After what seemed like hours of the two talking, Nathaniel came to understand who Abigail actually was and who their daughter would be once she was older. There was so much information that Nathaniel had to remember but, he was trying his best. He knew that he had to move the the United State, near camp, so that when the day came he could take his daughter there. His world had just been turned upside down but, for some strange reason... he didn't care. Nathaniel now knew why Abigail had left, it wasn't because she didn't love him... it was so she could have their child and now, Nathaniel had a daughter who he would protect no matter what.
Scarlett, the name of Nathaniel's daughter, grew up a normal life in the city of New York. Yes... just as Mnemosyne had suggested, Nathaniel moved his daughter and himself to the United States and decided to reside in New York City. Because of their departure from Paris France, Scarlett grew up around the american culture which resulted in her not havng the same accent her father did. It also meant the English was her first language, although her father did speak and teach her french when she was at home.
At the age of 4 years old, the daughter of Mnemosyne started her schooling which she exceeded greatly in. At the age of 7 Scarlett fell in love with the world of writing just like her father. Because of this and her high grades, Scarlett was labeled as a "nerd" at her school however, she wasn't bullied. It was more along the lines of everyone just ignoring her, which she didn't mind at all.
An Unknown Stalker
It was around the age of 13 when Scarlett acquired a stalker. Of course she had no idea this person existed but, he definitely knew she did. His name was Killian Arrington and he was a scientist, who in his early years witnessed some strange things having to do with the Greek world. The reason, unknown by Killian, was that he was a clear sighted mortal and ever since witnessing just a few things he became obsessed. he wondered how such things like monsters could exist and he was even able to witness a few demigods in action, maybe on a quest? or making there way to camp? Either way he had witnessed some of the things they could do and he was obsessed with finding out what made them tick.
Killian's obsession however, wasn't what made him take a liking to Scarlett. It was her simple beauty and smarts that attracted him to her, which still wasn't something good for Scarlett. It wasn't until he witnessed a monster attack between Scarlett and a harpy that he became even more interested in her.
First Monster Attack
The sun was beating down on Scarlett, as it was around mid day, and the daughter of Mnemosyne was just heading home from school. With her books hugged to her chest and her charm bracelet, that she had received from her father for her 13th birthday (A gift the Mnemosyne left for Scarlett- Turns into a celestial bronze sword) , dangling from her wrist-Scarlett made her way through the streets that would eventually lead to her house. It wasn't until she turned a corner into an empty park, just a short cut she always took, that she heard a sudden shriek come from somewhere up above. "Huh?" Scarlett said as she glanced up and noticed a horrible bird/old lady hybrid and let out a loud scream. Just as the harpy swooped down Scarlett dived to the ground just in time to dodge the harpy's attack.
"PLease leave me alone!" The demigoddess scream at the beast but, her word meant nothing to the beast as it took another shot at her. Thinking quickly, Scarlett rolled out of the way causing the beast to run straight into the ground, disorienting it. the young girl took this opportunity to run but, the harpy's disorientation didn't last long as it got up and chased after her. Unaware of the branch sticking out the ground, Scarlett tripped and fell to the ground, accidentally ripping her charm bracelet off in the process. Just as the Harpy neared scarlett, ready to kill her off, the young demigodess' bracelet extended into a celestial bronze sword and just by luck stabbed into the monster's chest causing it to disintegrate into golden dust. Afterwars, Scarlett's eye began to close and the last thing she saw was a manly figure standing over her.
Waking Up In An Unknown Place
Unknown by Scarlett, Killian had been the one to find her-mostly because he had been stalking her on her way home. Seeing as the young female had fainted, Killian took this as his chance to take the young girl and keep her against her will, hoping to experiment and do some test on her and see what made her tick.
Slowly, the daughter of Mnemosyne's eyes flutter open and she half expected to wake up in her room, making the monster attack she had just went through a dream. Howevere she wasn't in her room, in fact- she wasn't even at the park that she was last at. Quickly, She sat up and looked around the room, three of the walls were cement and on wall was just a set of bars, like a cell you keep prisoners in. The thought of her being in a police station crossed her mind but, after reaching the set of bars and peeking out she realize it wasn't. Scarlett's mind began to race as she tried to figure out where she was at, her breathe becoming heavy and her hands beginning to tremble.
"Hey there.... It's gonna be fine" an unknown voice said which cause Scarlett to jump and scream.
"Who's there?" She called out, trying to see past the bar but, all she could see was another set of bar across what seemed like a hallway. Soon a boy around her age came out of the shadows except this boy had goat legs instead of legs. "what the? What are you!?" scarlet said, her her emotions becoming scared once more. It wasn't until the boy explain everything that the daughter of Mnemosyne was able to calm her thoughts although she was still scared of what would happen to her.
The satyr, who introduce himself as Benjamin, Explain what he was and everything that had to do with the greek world. From the god, Nymphs, Satyrs, monsters, and the fact that Scarlett herself was a demigod.
"Who took us and why?" Scarlett said in a small voice, unsure if she should believe the boy and his stories but, did she really have a choice? "His name is Killian..... and that's basically all that we know about him...." Benjamin said in a dark tone, probably remembering some dark memories. "All we know is that he's crazy and obsessed about the Greek world."
"You keep saying we.... how many people does he have here?" She asked.
"Every time he takes me to do his experiments we pass by cells just like ours.... from what i'v seen there are 3 others." Benjamin said while looking down to the ground
"if your stories are true.... then why doesn't anyone use there powers to escape?" Scarlett asked.
"I'm not sure about the others but, he makes me take drugs to weaken me.... i assume that's what he does to everyone which is why we can't escape.... were to weak." with that, Scarlett stopped asking questions and stayed quiet waiting to see what happens next.
Outside Scarlett's captivity, Her father searched for her everywhere - calling the cops and everything but, Killian had a farm somewhere deep inside long island where they were unable to find him or Scarlett. After a few months the cops stopped looking but, Scarlett's father didn't.
A living nightmare
Over the course of a few years Scarlett went through horrible experiments, some including her being cut open and went through a series of test that slowly tore away at her. She became paranoid of loud bangs and flinched whenever Killian came to her cell for her daily experiments and test. You may be wondering about her monster attacks, right? Especially because there were about two other demigods being kept against their will. Well, Killian was just as smart as he was crazy. He learned from the demigods that they gave off a scent that attracted monsters so, Killian made his own vent system that went underground and lead outside so he would be able to blow out a mixture of scents that would mask the demigods scent. (Killian is your Very rich evil scientist)
Now, Scarlett was at the age of 17 and hadn't had any other monster attacks besides the harpy when she was 13.
Escaping and Getting to Camp
Now, after so many years of enduring torture Scarlett was 17 years of age. The day was a normal day... well as normal as being held against your will can be. Scarlett sat in her dimly lit cell and looked across the hall into the other cell where Ben used to reside. Sadly Ben wasn't as lucky as Scarlett for he died from the experimenting and testing that Killian did on them. Scarlett was heart broken from his death as they had grown closer over the year. Now she spent most of her days just sitting in her cell, waiting for her turn of experiments, which came every other day now since Killian didn't want to kill the rest of his test subjects.
"I miss you daddy...." Scarlett said to herself as the memories of her father came to mind. Suddenly the sound of her cell dorm opening caught her attention, causing Scarlett to look up - fear surging through her body. "It's a good thing i'm here now...." Said a man that Scarlett recognized as her father but, a little older then she last saw him. "DADDY! How did you find me." she screamed as she threw herself into his arms and cried.
"There's no time to explain sweety.... we have to go" Was all her father said before dragging Scarlett with him, Running. "Where is the man that took me dad?" Scarlett asked as they neared a set of stairs, after minutes of running down hallway after hallway. "I knocked him out inside the hou....." Before he could finish his sentence, Killian came from no where and drove a knife into the man's chest. Scarlett's scream filled the air as she watched her father fall to the floor, blood running out of his wound. "WHY!" She screamed at Killian as tears ran down her face.
"You'll never get out of here..... you and the other one are the last test subject that i have." Killian said before grabbing Scarlett by the arm and dragging her back to her cell. Little did Killian know that Scarlett's father had found the other demigod and set him free. As Killian dragged Scarlett down a hall, the other Demigod came from the corner and tackled Killian to the floor, Killian's knife falling to the floor along with Scarlett.
Scarlett just layed there crying as she watched the two wrestle, too devastated from her fathers death to move. It wasn't until she saw Killian on top on the other demigod, punching him, that she looked around and noticed the knife. Without hesitation, Scarlett grabbed the knife and drove it into Killian back, taking it out and stabbing him repeatedly. Once Killian fell to the floor, dead, scarlett dropped the knife and fell to her knees - crying. "Hey it's ok.... you just saved me." The other demigod, who Scarlett later found out was named Gregory, said as he picked her up and carried her out the house. "We should head to camp...... they'll come for your fathers body so you can have a proper burial for him." With that Gregory and Scarlett walked off into the forest, Gregory leading the way to camp as he recognize the area as long island.
A week later
After reaching camp, Scarlett and Gregory were both sent to the infirmary, lucky for them no monster had attacked them. While there in the infirmary, Gregory notified Alexander of Scarlett's father who saved them but, died trying. Alexander feeling sorry for Scarlett, who hadn't spoke since getting rescued, sent a few demigods to retrieve the body and give it a proper burial - barrying Scarlett's father in a cemetery in long island, that was near camp, so she could later visit him when she was ready. Once out of the infirmary, Scarlett was able to reside in the Mnemosyne cabin, as she was claimed as her daughter upon entering camp and now spend most her days there in her room.
Powers @Sinclair.S • Aug 31
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to write/read weapons out of pure energy which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also write/read other objects that are for non-combative purposes
- Children of Mnemosyne can launch orbs of ink which burst upon striking the target, temporarily obscuring their vision. They can only launch three orbs of ink at a time.
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to write/read a shield of pure energy, roughly two to three times the size of the user, which will blunt most attacks but slow the movement of the conjurer.
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to revert time around them for a short duration in order to dodge an attack that was unforeseen. After doing so, this ability cannot be used for a while.
- Children of Mnemosyne gain memory of the contents of any written text - such as a book or a webpage - as soon as they lay eyes on it. They would still have to learn what it all means, however.
- Children of Mnemosyne have an eidetic memory and can remember every detail of a previous fight with an opponent.
- Children of Mnemosyne can see a few seconds into the future; allowing them to possibly predict the actions of others, but also obscuring their sight at times.
- Children of Mnemosyne are able to force everyone around them within a 10-meter radius to remember and dwell on an event from their past that emulates a certain emotion from the affected. The child of Mnemosyne can choose which emotion they would like their targets to feel, be it anger, sadness, happiness, ecstasy or anything in or ecstasy. The user cannot hold the targets under their control for more than a few minutes, and the effects of the power can cause those around them to become positive and motivated from their happy memory
- Children of Mnemosyne can use descriptive insults used both against themselves and their opponents to gain a temporary boost in speed and strength. The longer they maintain this boost, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Mnemosyne can read/write wings into existence. This enables them to fly; the longer they maintain this state, the more energy it drains. They must rest between flights and cannot make long distance traveling without resting often. However the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic; they can also be customized to the user’s preference.
- Children of Mnemosyne have the ability to travel back and forth in time, but they are unable to interact with or change past events they are only able to see the events play out. When they go forward in time they only see “possible” futures, that does not mean those future events will come to pass.
- Children of Mnemosyne can view the memories of another person that they can see, in real time. They may struggle to zero in on specific memories, however, and the target can notice and resist them if they are too forceful.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Mnemosyne can temporarily rewrite details about the battlefield they are fighting on in order to alter it and gain an advantage over their opponent. This could include things like temporarily eliminating the shadows on a battlefield if they are fighting a child of Nyx or temporarily drying up the water if they are fighting a child of Poseidon. The change takes effect gradually and only lasts for a moderate time. The more complicated the wording of the change, and the less clear their description of it is, the more the user is drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Mnemosyne can manifest a person or creature from any book in order to temporarily fight alongside them. The manifestation cannot be larger than 2-3 the size of the user and will dissipate after a short time. The person cannot be overly powerful and the user will have a hard time moving while the manifestation is in place.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Mnemosyne can morph into a state of pure imagination. This grants them flight, receive enhancement in some of their abilities (Offensive 1, Defensive 1, 3 Month and 6 Month) and invulnerability to attacks. This effect only lasts for a short time, leaving the user extremely drained and temporarily unable to move afterward.
- Children of Mnemosyne typically have excellent memories, unable to forget details from their past and are therefore immune to the effects of amnesia and other memory-related illnesses.
- Though most demigods struggle with dyslexia, children of Mnemosyne usually do so to a lesser extent because their mother is the goddess of the written word.
- Children of Mnemosyne can normally learn and decipher other languages incredibly easy. Ex: Hearing a woman speak Chinese would mean the user could somewhat understand even if they never heard the language before. If they then have a lengthy conversation with the woman in Chinese, they’d be considered fluent in the language afterward.
- Children of Mnemosyne often grow up to become great authors, English teachers, and historians.
Relationships @Sinclair.S • Aug 31
Gallery @Sinclair.S • Aug 31
Custom Trivia @Sinclair.S • Aug 31