- Children of Poseidon can fire a powerful blast of water from their hands, equivalent to that of a fire hose, which evaporates after a short time.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to conjure and freeze small amounts of water into durable ice weapons, which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. They can also make small non-combative objects out of ice.
- Children of Poseidon can create an area around themselves that inflicts others with intense seasickness, making them dizzy and nauseous for as long as they remain inside. The user must keep their focus on maintaining the effect for the duration.
- Children of Poseidon can turn their body to water for a very short time, letting an attack pass harmlessly through them. This can cause extreme dehydration with repeated use.
- Children of Poseidon can breathe, are swifter and more powerful, and can heal slightly faster while underwater.
- Children of Poseidon can keep themselves and everything they touch dry in the water, unless they choose to become wet.
- Children of Poseidon can survive falling from any altitude as long as they land in water, and can go as deep into the ocean as they desire without any effects from the cold or water pressure.
- Children of Poseidon can communicate with and command equestrian animals, as well as all creatures that dwell in the sea.
- Children of Poseidon are innately less inhibited by severe wind and precipitation.
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create minor earthquakes, large enough to knock anyone nearby off their feet, for a few seconds.
- Children of Poseidon are able to telekinetically move water at a high rate. The larger amount of water used, the more energy it drains. This can be used on ice, but is much more difficult and draining.
- Children of Poseidon are are able summon a specific horse, pegasus, or sea creature directly to their position, regardless of distance. This only works on creatures that they have a strong personal bond with.
- Children of Poseidon can calm, strengthen or influence the direction of the winds, though to a much lesser extent than children of Zeus or the anemoi.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon have the ability to create a torrential rainstorm overhead, which will downpour and cause high winds over a large area. The storm will gradually clear over time, and afterward the user would be substantially drained.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to shape a semi-living construct out of water, no larger than 3 to 4 times the size of the user, that fights for them for a short time. The user is weakened while the construct is active, and the longer they maintain the it, the more energy it drains.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Poseidon are able to transform their bodies into a state of pure water for a short time, becoming immune to most attacks. The hydrokinetic abilities they already possess are enhanced by this state, and they are capable of covering great distances in an instant while underwater. The user will be extremely drained once the transformation ends, and could possibly faint.
- Children of Poseidon always know their exact coordinates when in water and are able to innately feel the difference between freshwater and saltwater.
- Children of Poseidon normally have a love for water, and generally excel at water sports.
- Children of Poseidon tend to be favored by animals of the sea.
- Children of Poseidon often have a natural affinity for horses and many grow up to become equestrians.
Everything about Scylla's existence in this world was entirely wiped from history's records and the myths became twisted and fantasized by mortal men like Homer, Aristotle and Plato. In fact, her birth is questionable at best but apparently fate in the making and you shouldn't question the Moirai. You see, Scylla was born out of a filthy and violent affair between the mortal woman Medusa and Poseidon - entirely contradicting what some may know about the story of how Medusa became a gorgon. Poisedon didn't love her, she didn't love him, she didn't like his advances and his obsession with her was uncomfortable and unwanted. Their love was not consensual and from this, Medusa grew pregnant in her mortal form when Poseidon found her in Athena's temple. In some texts, the story of what happened when Athena found out vary from her being angry with Medusa to her being heartbroken that she had been hurt by the god. Scylla always chose to believe that Athena was actually trying to protect her mother by turning her into the infamous snake-haired monster with the rare gift of turning anything to stone with just a gaze of her eyes. Medusa then went to live in a cave far away from civilization with her sisters, Stheno and Euryale, who also eventually were made immortal but without the ability to turn people to stone.
To understand how Scylla was materialized into this world, we need to go back to the beginning of how she was born and why. When the Oracle of Delphi predicted that the mortal princess Danaë of Argos was going to have a son that would kill her own father King Acrisius, he locked her up in a tower and kept the only key to unlock her cell so that none could let her eacape. While praying, she gained the attention of Zeus who developed a relationship with her and spawned a child by the name of Perseus. When the King discovered, he placed both into a crate and threw them into the ocean to be punished by the water but Zeus ended up protecting them until a man named Dictys, brother of the King of Serifous, fished them out of the sea. Sent to live in Athena's temple on the other side of the city, King Polydectes developed a ploy to marry Perseus' mother and become the king of both Serifous and Argos and seperated him from Danaë for seventeen years. In an attempt to rid of Perseus, the King asked for the gift of Medusa's head and sent the boy to fetch his own mother's wedding gift.
Perseus preyed on Medusa as she slept and unaware of the children she had trapped in her body from when she was mortal, beheaded her and officially ignited the birth and creation of two known children from her blood. One child was born from her neck and was eventually named Chrysoar, a giant man who became a king and a second child who was known as the infamous winged horse, Pegasus. However, what isn't recorded is the birth of a third and final child much unlike her older counterparts. Uniquely different from the winged horse and Chrysoar's questionable blood status, the female was a demigod since Medusa was a human when the god Poseidon impregnated her. Struggling up through Medusa's breast and springing from the same severed neck wound, Scylla was created last and was much less miraculous than her siblings - which is why she was probably scrubbed from history.
The demigod child was swept up by a newer age laboratory facility by the name of Chimera, an organization started by intelligent monsters, mortal men who could see through the mist and corrupted demigods. They explored annomlies and odd monsters, other demigods, nymphs, nature spirits and really any species they could get their hands on to analyze even despite the era and tools they had to work with. Without the famous Medusa's head, the next best thing was a demigod creation of her own which is why Chimera acted when Medusa was killed. Scylla never originally had a name, as Chimera knew her as Experiment 02, the second subject they had ever studied. The first had been a nymph with the ability to tap into magic without the Gods, like the witch Circe. Sadly, that experiment failed and was eventually abolished to make way for more. Experiment 02 became their first successful experiment as they gathered valuable but confidential information about the demigods and how they function, their weaknesses, strengths and how they healed and thrived. Some could call the experiments they conducted malpractice and torture but Scylla became so normalized to it that the constant pain became a dull roar against her skin - moreso a reminder that she was still alive and breathing.
Scylla was raised by white coated scientists, angry old saytrs and fellow demigods with hatred in their hearts. The type of love she recieved was in small dosages to keep her passive and in some ways, she was spoiled even more than the other experiments and the mountain stone walls that the facility had been built into didn't hold her. She was under heavy restriction but the top dog and founder of Chimera, a dryad named Odollam, grew an odd obsession with his first subject and developed a constrained relationship with the child as she grew. She was given special privileges for compliance and when she was old enough, her training had begun so that she could become the first soldier they could utilize in their plans to overthrow both Greek and Roman gods alike. They tried to genetically mutate Scylla and make her stronger and faster but that was too no avail as they couldn't figure out the proper way to enhance a demigod, the god side of her blood and abilities becoming a difficult component to work with. So instead, they divided their attention on combat and tactic training unlike anything ever seen at Camp Half Blood while they worked on a way to change her and make her into an enhanced being.
The Chimera headquarters surpassed what would have been allowed at the official training grounds for Scylla's species and the program threw in moves and information crafted by a vast amount of creatures. She learned how to dismantle just about any opponenant in her path, using the knowledge she had been shown about each species to specifically target exactly what would incapacitate them. She was trained by nymphs, demigods, nature spirits, some monsters and even at times, immortals of different sorts. She trained in both Greek style and Roman style fighting. Scylla became the perfect weapon to aid Chimera but Odollam's plan dissolved between the child of Medusa's fingers when she turned eighteen. You see, the first mistake was trying to raise and groom her to be a pet and the second was showing her exactly how to destroy them.
In the wee hours of the morning on the anniversary of her arrival, Experiment 02 escaped her guarded living quarters and left a path of bodies in her wake on the way out of the residential sector and wreaked absolute havoc in the building as she took down each opponenant like she had been conditioned to do. it was like she had snapped and the switched just flipped off. In the moments that followed Scylla reaching the core of facility, Oddolam regretted ever taking the child as his poisonous tree was burnt to the ground and ultimately ended his life source as a dryad. Experiment 02 may have been the first ever successful experiment but she also became the last that day. As she watched the facility engulf in flames, she was caught off guard by one of the scientists that injected her with a pale greenish liquid before finally succumbing to his injuries. There were no survivors - no scientists, caretakers or other innocent captives. None made it out and probably for good reason as even the lowest ranking experiment could cause serious damage to the mortal world. In a grove of walnut trees just beyond the facility, Scylla groggily fell through false ground that had been overgrown by grass and shot down an intricate tunneling system beneath the earth. Before she could escape, the demigod fell into a deep coma that had been induced by whatever liquid she had been injected with and settled at the base of what looked to be an old Greek temple that had been enacted underground.
The serum that had been curated by Chimera was a potent derivative of the narcotic and addictive Lotus flowers and fruit from the mythical Lotus tree that the Lotophaguses grew and harvested fruit from. She fell into such a deep sleep that her aging process slowed to a near complete halt and the tunneling system kept her safe from monsters. She didn't entirely stop aging but the process was reduced to near complete suspension and when modern time arrived, the effects of the serum started the painstaking process of wearing off. In order for her to continue her undisturbed slumber, she would have needed an injection every few centuries but since Chimera no longer existed, Scylla was able to finally wake. Now at least twenty years old after only having aging about two mortal years, Scylla crawled her way up from the tunnel she fell through and emerged in a whole new world from the one she had lived in.
Thousands of years had passed since she walked above ground and even though the forest didn't feel any different, she knew something was off deep down. Her memories were scattered in the beginning, almost having forgotten who she was and where she came from as she wandered. It was by the grace of the gods that she was discovered by a tribe of women known as the Amazons, who offered their company and shelter until she could remember who she was. In a way, it was as basic as women helping women - something that reminded her of Medusa and Athena and inevitably dredging up the struggles and woes of being a female in an age of oppression. As she came to learn, the world and men had not changed too much and so the demigod eventually joined their ranks and became incredibly close to a former Queen who had showed her compassion and kindness without hesitation. Calisto claimed the child of Medusa, giving her title of Scylla after the sea monster who had once been a beautiful nymph before Circe turned her into what she really was. She was loyal to Callisto until the day she died honorably in battle, leaving Scylla to continue on in the former Queen's footsteps as a powerful warrior. Being transferred from Thymescira to New Athens, Scylla arrived in the city with the full intention to train non-cabin demigods and legacies with her centuries of valuable knowledge and skills.
Scylla has been severely misunderstood since her birth, right down to how intelligent she really is. During the entire duration of her time spent at Chimera headquarters in the mountains, Scylla played the role of a compliant science experiment before enacting a plan to demolish the very program who groomed her to become an obsolete soldier. She often disregards people as being stupid and inferior, going as far as to avoid their personal affairs due to disinterest. She is absolutely swimming with pride, her personality traits often surfacing pragmatic and sarcastic tendencies. She is brazen due to her blind pride and often can be impulsive and cocky because of it, but her threats always hold true regardless.
While Scylla does not prefer to harm and kill people or creatures, she has absolutely no qualms about dismantling an opponenant who stands in her way and will at times, kill despite her better jfugement. Despite her efficiency as a warrior, she really is an understanding demigoddess with a special spot in her heart for broken or disregarded women. She tends to hold a bit of bitterness toward men for tainting everything good she and her mother Medusa could of had. Having been the sibling of the winged horse Pegasus and the giant Chrysoar, she hasn't ever met either but Chrysoar sent her a sword when she joined the Amazons, having only then found out she existed. Too afraid of commitment, she refuses to engage in friendships and relationships and oftentimes won't raise in the ranks of the Amazon tribe due to the potential stress and weight that being in a position of power could create. Plus, who would want the child of Medusa telling them what to do?