UNDERGOING MAJOR WIP FML
Hamish Jones came from a strict family in Malibu where they condemned homosexuals. As cliché as the story is, poor Hamish was flaming - most were surprised that his family didn't figure it out sooner. Life was good for him until his parents divorced when he was 13 and he and his mother moved to Denver. In truth, his father was the more liberal one and life became stricter for Hamish until, at the age of 16, he told his mother. Unfortunately, he was promptly kicked out and he moved in with the family of his boyfriend, Kyle Davies. By 20, the two had accumulated enough money and bought an apartment in New York.
Hamish always felt cheated by his mother's treatment of him and had always vowed since the day he was disowned that he'd be a better parent. At a night out, he caught the attention of Nyx who, after no more than two words exchanged, guessed his predicament and offered to be a surrogate mother. Hamish and Kyle accepted near immediately and awaited their child. Roughly a month or so passed and a little baby girl was presented to them, a letter alongside her from Nyx that explained all the basics. Overjoyed, the couple took the girl in and named her Skylar-Twyla.
True to his word, Hamish cherished Skylar and there was never a moment where the young girl felt abandoned or unloved. She always had the best things her fathers could acquire for her, always had among the best holidays out there and most of all, she had a close nucleur family. Whilst Hamish was having the time of his life dolling up his daughter and spoiling her, Kyle feared that she'd end up being too spoiled and be like one of those stereotypical popular girls. Sadly, this led to many arguments between the couple and some could even say that the lack of attention Kyle received from Hamish influenced their separation and eventual divorce at Skykar's tender age of 9. Whilst Kyle moved back to California, Hamish and Skylar stayed in New York as, despite his problematic personal life, Hamish controlled an empire of gossip magazines with an abundance of weekly sales.
When Skylar turned 13, she was attacked by a harpy. You see, because of his dedication to his job, there were many times where Hamish was late returning home and sadly, this time proved to be fatal to his daughter. A demigod, however, heard the her screams and as she was knocked out and about to be killed, attacked the harpy and killing it. The demigod left, gifting the family a set of celestial bronze daggers with a longsword to match. From then on, every attack Skylar experienced got easier and easier as she got more adept with her weapons. On her 16th birthday she left for Camp.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure weapon out of pure shadows which can be used for combat; however, only one weapon can be conjured at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who conjured it. This can also be used for other non-combative objects, but within reason, something might be shaped like an iPod, but as shadows do not have any working parts and source of electricity, such as batteries, they would not actually play music.
- Children of Nyx can create solid bullets out of shadows and fire them from their fingertips. The bullets fly fast enough to possibly tear into an opponent’s skin.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure a dome of solid shadows around them which will defend against attacks for a short time.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to conjure a cloak of darkness which will blunt physical attacks, but slows the movement of the conjurer.
- Children of Nyx are innately stronger and are slightly less drained by their powers during the night.
- Children of Nyx can see perfectly in the night as if it were day and darkness in general.
- Children of Nyx can communicate with and command nocturnal animals.
- Children of Nyx, during the night, sense any motions in their vicinity (up to roughly a city block away). Large, rapid movements are easy to distinguish, while smaller, slower movements blend together like background noise, requiring focus to single out.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to Shadow Travel,to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more is energy drained.
- Children of Nyx can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
- Children of Nyx are able to create complete darkness in a small area for a short time, extinguishing all light sources. They can also perform this power to a lighter extent, by putting out a single light bulb or candle with a thought.
- Children of Nyx can telekinetically move and transform their shadow constructs. The more constructs moved and the bigger they are, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Nyx have the ability to create intangible stars, which will light an area for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx can cause true night in an area for a short time, blocking sunlight over a battlefield. Their passive boosts and the abilities of other demigods are affected accordingly. This effect lasts for at most a minute before fading back, and can only be used once a day. They can also create a pair of shadow wings to fly with (which drains less energy than shadow travel).
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx are able to create up to seven nocturnal animals, no larger than their normal sizes, to serve them for a short time. While the animals are summoned the user is slower, and they are drained whenever one of the animals is harmed or when the animals are released.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Nyx have the ability to shed their flesh and turn into a state of pure night. While in this state, the user is granted flight and their existing abilities become stronger. They are intangible in this state and anyone they touch has their vision stripped away for the rest of the transformation; however, once the user changes back they will be extremely drained and immobile for a long time. They would possibly pass out.
- Children of Nyx tend to prefer the dark.
- Children of Nyx are often nocturnal; preferring to operate at night and sleep during the day.
- Children of Nyx tend to have a darker outlook on life and events of the world.
- Children of Nyx often pursue jobs that take place at night or in darkness such as being a security guard, nightclub bouncing, and mining.
- Children of Nyx are typically favored and get along with nocturnal animals, such as bats, raccoons, ocelots, etc.