Daughter of Asteria • Wheel of Fortune • Lt. of the Champions of Othrys
♐ Sun, ♏ Moon, ♉ Rising The Spire Joined April 2020 121Following 9.8KFollowers
History @MadameLasiphil • Apr 19
The stars and planets aligned in their most ominous configuration. Asteria knew at that moment that her race, the Titans, would fall by the hands of the upstarts, Zeus and his siblings. The other prophetic Titans corroborated their predictions to her and they all arrived at the same end. Even Kronos was well aware of the circumstances. They would fight back, yes, but in another lifetime when they have regained enough strength and rage to wage war once again. The Titans had no other unified course of action besides that idea so some of them took matters into their own hands with the single goal of preserving the bloodline. When the time was right, their descendants would rise with them and finally succeed against the Olympians.
The Titans took every opportunity to find a mortal to mate with. They desperately scoured the world, seducing the most viable men and women to bear their offspring, including Asteria. Her search led her to what was then known as Ancient Gaul and there she met the mortal man Adelard Jacquemond, who had strong genes for reproduction. The affair only lasted like a shooting star across the night sky, and she bore him a daughter, whom they named Céleste. However, in a moment of fear for herself, the Titaness suddenly made a last-minute decision to switch sides in favor of the Olympians. Several of her cousins like Helios, Eos, Selene, and Styx had already pledged their alliance to Zeus. Thus she bid Adelard goodbye and went for Olympus discreetly with the newborn Céleste in her arms. Kronos unfortunately knew about her treachery and pursued her. If she was ever caught, she wouldn't let the other take her daughter away and used as his pawn. And so she threw Céleste into the sky and turned her into a star but not before Kronos could curse the infant. When he returned for his revenge, the girl would fall back to Earth to fight by his side.
History happened as we knew it. The Titans fell and were punished. Meanwhile, Céleste remained untouched in her stellar form, preserved by a death-like sleep. This state lasted for a few thousand years until was she called to wake by Kronos who, while using Luke Castellan's body as a host, instigated the Second Titan War in the new millennium. Now fully grown to look like a twenty two-year old female, Céleste was trained to fight by her allies. The majority of them were demigods whose godparents were as unrecognized as they were. When she was ready, Kronos entrusted to her the protection of his fortress on Mt. Tamalpais, and she did it with zeal and ruthlessness. However, the Titans fell once again. Céleste stood her ground against the Roman demigods of Camp Jupiter but in vain. She was outnumbered fifty to one. Her other allies were either a corpse, prisoner, defectors, or fugitives. She managed to escape from the ruined Titan stronghold with the help of a stardust cloud cover, going as far away as her feet could take her albeit being heavily wounded and worn out.
It was Céleste's first time stepping into the outside world. Acquainting herself with its unfamiliarities was one thing, surviving it alone was another. Thievery allowed her to eat, to treat her injuries, to change from armor to normal clothes, and to take random bus trips with no particular destination. Monsters were not much of a problem as she still had her dagger. Instead, it was her stamina that she was more wary of. A weak body could only get her so far before she collapsed and got devoured by any monster who stumbled upon her.
Her wanderings brought her to the blinding lights of Las Vegas one night. Céleste was certain she made it not because of chance but rather she felt subconsciously drawn to the city. However, any further thought of this strange feeling was cut short with the arrival of a pack of hellhounds. Normally, she would've fought them off no sweat. This time around, however, she was two steps away from fainting. She struggled to cover a few more blocks when she finally lost consciousness. It turned out that she was right in front of the Lotus Hotel and Casino's main doors. Meanwhile, the lotus-eaters who guarded the entrance vanquished her monstrous pursuers. Because of the attack, they inferred that Céleste had divine blood in her veins and thus brought--or rather trapped--her inside.
A year had passed and Céleste Jacquemond, whose sole purpose was to fight, was no more. She became known as the Lotus Hotel's high-rolling fortuneteller, Sonia Lachapelle or "Madame Lasiphil" as the guests fondly called her. At the farthest side of the hall of poker tables was the room where she read people's fate. They always sought her insight for some lucky numbers or winning card combinations; she was no fake though. Go ask the awestruck guests for her nearly impeccable game records. She bets grand; she wins grand. Madame Lasiphil, as Asteria's daughter, honed her natural talent for astrology and divination, and it was this talent that gave her fame and fortune. Soon, her social status, at least within the hotel, gave her leverage to get what she wanted. When she got tired of playing in the casino, she toyed with the guests at parties instead. All of them were at her mercy. Well, all except one.
At one point, Sonia crossed paths with another demititan, a child of Styx named Achilles who had been living in the Lotus Hotel for quite a long time already, way before she arrived. They had several interactions here and there which were mostly about exchanging bits and pieces of their past, and opinions about the reigning gods. Neither romantic nor sexual feelings influenced them; they clearly drew that line when they first talked. They were comrades with some common ground at best. Anyway, by the year 2019, Achilles managed to break free from the hotel with some help from Eris. Sonia decided to join him with little room for doubts. At first, she reasoned that she was merely bored of being trapped inside for years and needed a lot of outside world action; however, her actual purpose for existing came back in memory and this was what really urged Sonia to leave the extravagant life of Madam Lasiphil and to find a certain organization called the Champions of Othrys. Although distrustful of Eris, she kept her faith on Achilles for their safe arrival. They were accepted as members and eventually became lieutenants.
Powers @MadameLasiphil • Apr 19
- Children of Asteria have the ability enchant a single weapon by infusing it with stardust and stellar energy for a short time. Damage dealt by the enchanted weapon is stronger than before, and may produce slight burns on anything that touches it.
- Children of Asteria have the ability to focus an intense beam of plasma which will burn anything it touches.
- Children of Asteria have the ability to summon a cluster of miniature stars directly in front of them which can be used to block incoming attacks; the stars, however, dissipate quickly.
- Children of Asteria can see perfectly in the night as if it were day.
- When the stars are out, children of Asteria always know their location.
- Children of Asteria can communicate with the souls of the recently deceased.
- Children of Asteria can summon a star large enough for them to stand on, that they can use to ride, the longer the star is maintained, the more energy it drains
- Children of Asteria have the ability to create temporary light sources, similar to concept of a flare, which will light an area for a short time.
- Children of Asteria can see a few seconds into the future; allowing them to possibly predict the actions of others, but also obscuring their sight at times.
- Children of Asteria have the ability to conjure a dense and hot cloud of stardust, which will suffocate and distract anyone enveloped in it for a short time.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Asteria have the ability to conjure a small supernova, which will burn at anything in its wake on a 10m radius, as well as producing a loud booming sound coming from the explosion. It cannot differ friend from foe and will affect anyone or anything nearby.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Asteria have the ability to summon a large group of undead, about seven, which can then be controlled by the mind of their summoner. The user is immobilized while the corpses attack for them.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Asteria can conjure a living constellation, though the size is limited to no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, and it immobilizes the user while the constellation attacks for them
- Children of Asteria make excellent astrologists.
- Children of Asteria have an affinity for understanding prophecies
Relationships @MadameLasiphil • Apr 19
Gallery @MadameLasiphil • Apr 19
Custom Trivia @MadameLasiphil • Apr 19
Hunter Steele @serstormy