🦋 son of psyche 🦋
i promise i'm not evil. Camp Half-Blood Joined April 2018 283Following 283KFollowers
History @sighrus • May 10
In spring of 2013, Skylar Lune and a bunch of his friends went partying one weekend in Las Vegas. Long story short, Skylar unknowingly hooked up with Psyche, his father's wife. Eros wasn't happy about this, and was even less happy about this when he found out Psyche was pregnant with Skylar's child. When Syrus was born, they weren't really sure what to do with him. Psyche knew Skylar was in no condition to raise a child, he could barely take care of himself properly with all the partying and drinking. Psyche knew she couldn't raise him but what could be done. A few of the gods proposed using the child, they could accelerate his growth and use him to infiltrate the Broken Covenant. There had been debates for months that the Civitas faction had the most reasonable demands, and that perhaps getting some off their own people on the inside, loyal to them, they could eventually convince Civitas to turn against the others.
So they aged him to nearly 18 years old and worked towards training and raising him (Psyche at this point was no longer involved). For a few months each god helped Syrus learn something. Mnemosyne taught him language, Hermes taught him about the world, Ares taught him about fighting, etc. Then they sent him to train secretly with two demigod adults in secret, Rowan and Elena. So for ten months he lived with them where they taught him to fight monsters and use his powers. Then it was time to join the BC and with Kina Moriales already in the BC getting in was easier.
History the Gods Told Him
The gods didn't want him to know how his real father was, especially Eros who was deeply hoping that it would cause Skylar problems one day, to further get back at him for sleeping with Psyche, and the way everything had played out so far, it was looking like he might get some revenge without having to do any direct interference to Skylar himself.
The gods told him a story about how the biological father died in a monster attack before he was born, and that Psyche had originally thought that she would have to leave Syrus with an adoption agency, until the other gods got together and hatched the plan to age him and use him as a spy.
History He Told the BC
Because he needed a better story to tell the BC, as the truth would give him away as a spy, the gods helped him come up with a believable back story, with the help of Elena and Rowan. Elena being roughly "6" years older than Syrus, the story is that she is his half sister on the mortal side. That her father had an affair with Psyche when Elena was a little girl. The father never liked him as much as he loved his oldest daughter, and often called him "the mistake". That led to quite a complex as he grew up and he was always very envious of his Sister, though he never truly hated her for it.
Watching his sister go through some of the problems she did, made him dislike camp and the gods. She was pregnant and going to elope with Rowan around the time that Syrus should have been going to camp himself, but he chose to live with his sister and try to help her protect the baby, while her and her demigod husband Rowan trained him to fight monsters. After a horrible incident where their baby was kidnapped, all because of petty problems with the gods, he grew to hate their stupid rules even more. He hated that they couldn't just have normal lives, they didn't ask to be born a demigod with powers and monsters hunting them, and they weren't even allowed to have any direct help from their parents. This all led him to join the BC, specifically the Civitas faction, feeling that not all the gods were bad per se, but the rules they had and lives they forced upon their children were totally unfair and that something needed to change.
History Following The BC
Syrus was, for five years, a diligent member of Civitas Popularis. He feigned being an active member of the faction and told his findings to nymphs and spirits sent to extract what he had learnt. He had no reason to complain and rose up the ranks within the faction due to how reliable he was. He had no reason to worry, albeit concerned that the Gods hadn't told him when he'd be alleviated from his position. Still, he soldiered on.
It was through talk between the nymphs that Syrus learnt, in 2018, that his mother had been given a cabin at Camp Half-Blood. Unsure on what he could do, Syrus felt as if his time at the Broken Covenant was drawing to a close. He could put up the masquerade that he hated the Gods all day but, deep down, he wondered if he was chosen because they trusted him. Sure they forced him into doing this but he was good at it and they made sure he was good at it - they gave him the tools he needed to function as a useful asset. It was around the end of June 2018 that Syrus left the Broken Covenant out of fear of slipping up and ruining his mask. He told the nymphs to notify the Gods that he had left before he returned back to Elena and Rowan.
For the next two years, Syrus stayed with Elena and Rowan, life returning back to something he recognised. He enjoyed his time there but still felt as if something was pulling him to Camp Half-Blood. The unshakeable feeling, paired with Elena and Rowan encouraging him to go there and have some fun led to Syrus making the journey.
After being allowed back into Camp, Syrus is trying to make up for things he might've been perceived as doing whilst in the Broken Covenant.
Powers @sighrus • May 10
[ 3/6/9 Powers Unlocked ]
- Children of Psyche can apply temporary symptoms of emotional and mental disorders of their choice upon a target. The harsher the symptom and the longer it lasts, the more energy drained.
- Children of Psyche can create telekinetic weaponry (no bigger than 2-3 times the size of the user) that can be used in combat for a short time. The longer the weaponry is held together by the demigod's mind, the more energy drained. This can also be used for non-combative objects; however, it cannot generate working parts. Objects created by a child of Psyche may cause slight confusion on anyone who touches it.
- Children of Psyche can form telekinetic protective spheres around themselves and others for a limited amount of time. The longer the sphere is held together by the demigod's mind, the more energy drained. Likewise, they can form telekinetic shields or walls, which are no bigger than 2-3 times their size.
- Children of Psyche can project a powerful psychic aura that induces neurocognitive deficit within a 3-meter radius. Anyone affected will have their upper brain functions shut down, rendering them unconscious. However, the user cannot attack or use other abilities while this one is in effect. All targets affected will automatically wake up, albeit feeling groggy and slightly disoriented, after a short time and the aura can only affect a person once a fight.
- Children of Psyche possess a clearer state of mind that grants them a high resistance for any manipulation of their thoughts, emotions and desires, magical or not. They also have a resistance against any mental or emotional disorders.
- Children of Psyche have a clear view of others' auras, allowing to sense human beings through their thoughts and emotions. They can track anyone within their "psychic radar" of sorts as long as the target is within a moderate radius. The appearance of one's aura differs from another, taking on a unique color and form. This passive ability also allows them to detect people who are possessed or whose mental/emotional state is altered by supernatural means (eidolons, charmspeak, persuasion, etc.).
- Children of Psyche are able to communicate with and command butterflies. If the user gives too many commands, the butterflies will become frustrated and disobey.
- Children of Psyche are empowered by the increasing intensity of emotions and thought processes around them.
- Children of Psyche can perform complex mental operations and recall greater amounts of information far beyond the capability of a normal human mind with little effort.
- Children of Psyche are able to read, manipulate, and communicate with the thoughts, emotions, and desires of targets for a limited time. They may establish mental links to at most 5 people; however, the connection will begin tapering off within a moderate radius. The more extreme the change, the longer it lasts, and the more people affected, the more energy is drained. Reading an opponent’s thoughts can be done, but it can only be done a few times before the user starts reading them incorrectly.
- Children of Psyche are able to mentally move inanimate objects. However, they cannot move objects that are 2-3 times bigger than their size. The bigger the object and/or the larger the distance covered, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Psyche are able to sprout butterfly wings that appear in accordance with the user’s preference. The longer they maintain the wings sprouted, the more energy it drains. The user must also rest in-between flights and cannot travel over long distances without resting often. Lastly, the wings are vulnerable to injuries and magic so these must be repaired regularly.
- Children of Psyche are able to manipulate mental, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral conditions at will. They can relieve, intensify, or detect symptoms of disorders such as depression, anxiety, amnesia, or mania; and even influence one's upper mental functions such as concentration, coordination, judgement, and calculation. However, these changes cannot be intensified to the point that the target considers self harm. The changes are only effective for a short period of time and cannot be used to cure or create such conditions on a permanent basis. The larger the change in one's mental state, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Psyche can cause its target to mentally collapse by reliving traumatic memories, experiencing hallucinations or an overwhelming amount of emotions, hearing voices, and/or find it difficult to make use of their memories. The victim may fall into madness or become catatonic for a few minutes, depending on the intensity the user desires, before reverting to their original state, but its mind cannot be permanently damaged. The victim may still be able to resist attacks in this state, albeit barely. The longer the user keeps the victim psychologically tortured, the more energy it drains them.
- Children of Psyche can now take control over a person's mind. They can force actions upon a target (except harming themselves) and even probe deeper into the person's subconscious and memories. The target will remain under control for a few minutes or until control is relinquished; and the longer the control is kept, the more energy it drains. Being controlled feels like a dream and will be vaguely remembered. This ability is quite useful for intelligence-gathering, retrieving lost memories, and when controlling allies who are otherwise immobilized.
- Children of Psyche are able to use psychic force to materialize their soul into 5-6 semi-living constructs, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, that lasts for a short time to fight for the user. The construct's appearance is in accordance to the user's personality, thoughts, and emotions; and will behave in a manner similar to its owner. The longer the constructs are held together by the demigod's mind, the more energy drained.
- Children of Psyche are often able to recognize soul-mates when they are together. However, they cannot see their own soul-mate in this way.
- Children of Psyche are naturally emphatic. Although fully aware of the desires, emotions, and thoughts around them, they are often unaware of their own.
- Children of Psyche know the previous incarnations of their soul well, along with the occupant's thoughts, emotions, and desires.
- Children of Psyche often excel in professions with a high affinity for the human mind and behavior such as psychiatry, neurology, behavioral sciences, counseling, and social work.
- Children of Psyche are known for their emotional endurance, beauty, passion, affection, and even intelligence. It is not uncommon for them to possess high levels of IQ or EQ.
- Children of Psyche often get along well with Eros' and Zephyrus' offspring. Likewise, animosity is usual among them and the children of Aphrodite.
Relationships @sighrus • May 10
Gallery @sighrus • May 10
Custom Trivia @sighrus • May 10
- Syrus was a former Spy for the Gods in the Broken Covenant
- He was a member of Civitas Popularis for roughly five years before leaving in 2018
- He returned back to Elena and Rowan following this leave until he mustered the courage to try and defect to Camp in 2020
- He was a member of Civitas Popularis for roughly five years before leaving in 2018