- Since their father was considered to be one of the most ugly gods in existence, they can supernaturally highlight their ugliest physical features causing anyone looking at them at the time to be temporarily blinded. The longer they highlight these features, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Charon have the ability to summon a shade from the Underworld, which will instantly begin wailing and stun anyone who is not intangible for a short time before vanishing.
- Children of Charon can cause a person to feel/be lost, as if they don’t know how to reach their desired destination and wander off aimlessly which may induce distress, confusion and loss of concentration, for a short time. The effect can be used on a larger number of people, but drains more energy.
- Children of Charon are able to communicate with and command the dead, and can sense nearby spirits and other undead beings.
- Children of Charon can sense when a mortal, half-blood, nymph/spirit that they know has died through a "buzzing" in their ears.
- Children of Charon have innate knowledge of the Underworld and enter and exit as they please, as it is where their father is stationed.
- Children of Charon have the ability to see perfectly in the dark.
- As Charon is an Underworld god, children of Charon can enter and exit the Underworld as they please. They can also enter and exit Tartarus as they please instantly rather than the usual time it takes to get in and out of there for other people, which are nine days and nights.
- Children of Charon have the ability to Shadow Travel, to teleport from shadow to shadow; the further the distance, the more energy drained.
- Children of Charon can bend shadows around them, concealing them for a short time.
- Children of Charon can establish a set boundary. When someone steps over this boundary, the user is alerted. Anyone crossing the boundary isn’t prohibited from doing so, and the longer the boundary is held, the more power is drained.
- Children of charon can telekenetically move coins with their mind.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Charon can mediate contracts or oaths between two people or parties, by enchanting a coin and keeping it in their pocket. The oath is somewhat like the oath on the Styx, however it can with great difficulty be subverted or broken. If the oath is broken, the child of Charon is alerted by a burning sensation created by the coin.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Charon can cause someone to hallucinate that they are drowning in the River Styx, causing them to feel lost, confused, and extremely panicked for a moderate period of time. However, the illusion isn't physical and therefore is only a trick of sight. The bigger the change in perception, the more power drained.
9 Months After Character is Made
- In rare cases, children of Charon have the ability to conjure the water one of the Five Rivers of the Underworld (Phlegethon, Lethe, Styx, etc.), no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, which if it hits someone, will have the river's effect. (Phlegethon will burn, Lethe will cause amnesia, Styx will cause hatred and agression towards self or others, Acheron will cause pain, and Cocytus will cause intense depression and emit screaming sounds)
- Children of Charon often feel comfortable in boats, water, and the dark.
- Children of Charon are natural navigators and often become ferrymen/sailors/etc.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.