Jezebella Melisandra Matthias @WickedJezebel child of kronos 🔮 champions of othrys 🔮 the necromanteion Undisclosed Joined November 2017 483Following 201kFollowers
History @WickedJezebel • Nov 29
According to myth, The Necromanteion was an Ancient Greek temple devoted to Hades that laid on the banks of the Acheron river in Epirus. 500 BC in Greece, the real temple was nestled in Mesopotamos and home to a large following of worshipers who devoted their life to both Hades and Persephone and often was the subject of gossip among the Greek populace during the Golden Age. They were renowned for their necromancy and magic and being home to the only existing oracle of the dead whose title was also The Necromanteion. Amara was a high-ranking priestess within the temple and had devoted herself to Hades ever since she was a young child, once seeking salvation within the walls of the Necromanteion and eventually joining their ranks to escape poverty and starvation. As an orphan on the streets, life had been too hard but the temple offered her an escape from the harsh conditions she endured. Her love for Hades kept her going and eventually, she found herself among family. But a momentary break in character found Amara in the market square, her eyes often straying to an expensive gold bracelet with ruby gemstones. She was baffled to find that same bracelet in a neatly wrapped package that had arrived to the temple for her. Seeing as it had been signed by a secret admirer, the notion was entirely romantic and Amara often found herself day-dreaming of the man behind the expensive present.
Kronos was a clever man and even during the war against the Olympians, he was still trying to gain the upper-hand. Often times, his relationship with his son Hades let him capture glimpses of weakness. Hades was, in his mind, the weak link in the Olympian's defenses and a means to capture important intel. So a plan had been put into motion that ended with a long-term solution - he was going to have a child with one of the Necromanteion followers and his child would become a spy for the Titans by having direct access to an oracle of the dead and a special closeness to Hades because of the mother. Amara Matthias had been hand-selected by the Titan King as she had captured his attention nearly a decade earlier. His charming ways seemed to have some effect because Amara found herself seeking out this man. She went from door to door in the village, asking if anyone had recognized the writing on the mysterious package. When no answers turned up and hope was almost lost, Kronos presented himself as a handsome mortal physician by the name of Acron. Their relationship was surprisingly unique as Kronos had only bared a handful of children before - his interest in Amara often capturing attention when it was meant to be directed toward the war. Just before his downfall, Amara discovered that she was pregnant.
When Acron disappeared, Amara was alarmed by the news and sought help from Hades and Persphone to learn what had happened but received nothing by silence. The temple agreed to collectively help Amara look after the child so long as it one day joined their ranks. Jezebella was born on a cold night in December and for the next fifteen years, was raised a devoted member of the Necromanteion church. When she was ten years old, she was attacked for the first time by a manticore when getting water at the well in town. Thankfully, a man who trained people for a living was there to save her. From that day on, Euclid began to give her free lessons and even gave her a sword but also helped to protect and fight any monsters that popped up through the years. But out of fear her mother would disapprove, she would lie about where she was and even hide her sword. On her fifteenth birthday, her curiosity grew strong and she mustered the courage to ask about her father. Saddened, Amara explained that he had disappeared and never returned and she had no idea what has happened.
So as a gift for her birthday, Jezebella's unannounced questions were answered when the Oracle declared her as a child of Kronos. Euclid, who Jezebella discovered was also a demititan was there to answer any questions. In a surprising turn of events, the former vessel of the oracle was destroyed and new Oracle was selected. Kronos had never plotted that his own spawn and spy was going to be the next Necromanteion. With fear prickling in her heart, Amara sought help from Persphone and Hades to help hide Jezebella out of fear that Zeus would discover her existence and kill her or that Kronos was somehow meddling with her daughter. Hades held a special place in his heart for the high priestess and the newest oracle of his temple and granted her wish as a favor and sent Charon down the Acheron River to pick her up. Jezebella was absolutely reluctant to leave the temple as it had been the only home she had ever known. She didn't want to leave her mother - but knew it was necessary. Amara gave Jezebella the gold and ruby bracelet that had once been given to her before they left for the underworld.
For centuries, Jezebella was hidden within the Asphodel Meadows of the Underworld in attempt to protect both her life and identity. With all that spare time, she often found herself training with some of the other questionable souls that seemed to populate the area. With the amount of warriors around, the training was always a fun way to pass time. Back in the mortal world, the Necromanteion temple began to grow old and crumble and the followers dwindled to near nothingness without their Oracle of the dead. Lilia, one of the last few descendants of Jezebella's people, was affiliated with the Champions of Othyrs and provided Jez with a direct link. While infiltrating her dreams, she discovered that she had a half brother by the name of Kingston who was part of the same group Lilia belonged to. She urged Lilia to relay the information onto Kingston Meng, who was otherwise very curious of his sister in the underworld. Lilia was sent off to strike a bargain or deal to get Jezebella out and was surprised that Thanatos barely even knew who she was. Seemingly uncaring about that particular soul as he had no prior knowledge of who she was, he essentially let Jezebella leave with Lilia as long as she returned a favor for him one day. In agreement, Lilia led Jezebella back to Kingston and The Spire. She was very well taken care of for the next five years by her older brother and the Champions of Othrys and ultimately joined their ranks.
Jezebella is still attempting to adjust to the modern day world after spending centuries in the Underworld but her visions started to get ten times worse than they ever had. She went from one vision every three weeks or more to one almost every day - none of them ever making much sense. Ultimately, in the end, Kronos' plan for a groomed spy was foiled by the years of disappearance and he eventually moved onto other plans. Steadily, her slow adaption to the modern world left Jezebella with a sort of culture shock that had her resenting how long she had actually spent wasting away in the Underworld.
Powers @WickedJezebel • Nov 29
- Children of Kronos are able to distort time on their bodies in combat, making themselves and their attacks appear extremely fast for a short time. They can also apply this effect to objects, such as distorting time on a throwing knife to make it travel faster, etc.
- Children of Kronos can fire blasts of chronal energy that age targets they hit. Enemies will feel temporarily exhausted and less powerful, while objects will permanently erode and weaken. The effects compound with multiple hits, which could eventually age objects to dust given repeat use.
- Children of Kronos can greatly accelerate time on an opponent’s body without warning for a few seconds, making them stumble or mistime attacks as they can’t keep up with their own movements.
- Children of Kronos can release an extremely-short-range pulse of chronal energy that freezes time on inanimate objects, briefly locking them in place. The pulse only extends about 10 cm from their body, and the larger the objects affected, the more they are drained. It can be used to block weapons, but this requires expert timing.
- Children of Kronos can see a few seconds into the future; allowing them to possibly predict the actions of others, but also obscuring their sight at times.
- Children of Kronos are able to see the lifespan of others, but are forbidden to share information about the lifespan in any way.
- Children of Kronos become progressively stronger and more powerful over long battles.
- Children of Kronos have an innate “harvest sense”, that lets them sense coming opportunities to capitalize on advantages for maximum effect. This could be in battle or in their day-to-day lives.
- Children of Kronos have the ability to travel back and forth in time, but they are unable to interact with or change past events, only see the events play out. When they go forward in time they only see “possible” futures, that does not mean those future events will come to pass.
- Children of Kronos can infuse their words with power to command others to do their will; the person will remain under the control of the command for a few minutes or until control is relinquished. The person can resist the command, especially if told to harm themselves or their allies.
- Children of Kronos can accelerate and control the growth of nearby living plants, which can be used to create constructs or hamper foes.
- Children of Kronos have the ability to heal from non-fatal wounds by slowly draining the life essence from surrounding plant life. This could take a few minutes for minor cuts and scrapes to several hours for deep wounds.
3 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Kronos are able to “invest” energy into a specific point in the future, weakening themselves for the duration. At the chosen moment, they can harvest the stored energy for an explosive burst of power and agility that is stronger the longer they were drained.
6 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Kronos have the ability to slow time in a small area around them roughly three times their size, gradually slowing all movement but their own over ten seconds. People close to them would feel resistance as if underwater, making it progressively harder to move the longer they spend inside the area. Anyone who remains for the full effect will be briefly frozen in time, unable to move at all for a short duration. The user is considerably drained afterward.
9 Months After a Character is Made
- Children of Kronos can rip the life essence from surrounding plant life in a wide area to create a powerful astral scythe for a time. Any attacks the child makes with the scythe will leech power from the target, exhausting them while empowering the wielder to become faster and stronger. It will also harvest the lifespan of any mortals it kills, letting the child of Kronos stop aging for a number of years based on how long their victim would’ve lived naturally. The scythe only lasts for a short time before fading. Afterward the user would be left very exhausted and they would possibly pass out.
- Children of Kronos are often natural leaders.
- Children of Kronos always know what time it is, even if they don’t have a watch.
- Children of Kronos have a knack for long-term planning.
Relationships @WickedJezebel • Nov 29
Custom Trivia @WickedJezebel • Nov 29
Venus Bellerose @rocketnumbernine