- Children of Notus are able to use hot air itself to slice objects, focusing a current of wind to the point where it takes on a sharp edge, which the caster launches at foes. Although this attack does usually slashing damage, some users are able to focus it into single piercing stab like a bullet. The attacks will burn an opponent slightly on contact.
- Children of Notus can turn hot air into weapons, they can only wield one air construct at a time. They can also coat their existing weapons in hot air for a short time, heating them up and enhancing their offensive capabilities.
- Children of Notus have the ability to create a dome shaped torrent of wind, roughly two to three times the size of the user, which can be used to block attacks for a very short time.
- Children of Notus have the ability to create gusts of hot wind which slow the movements of all affected by them as well as slowly burning anyone hit by the wind. The gusts can deflect projectile weapons.
- Children of Notus are stronger in the warm summer months and on warm days.
- Children of Notus have the ability to bring pure water to a boil at will using a hot breeze.
- Children of Notus always emit an aura of heat, making others around them feel slightly warm. The user can shut it off for a long time if they choose to.
- Children of Notus are incredibly resistant to the heat, including heat stroke and heat induced dehydration.
- Children of Notus have the ability to hover or fly, however, the longer they fly the more it drains them.
- Children of Notus have the ability to call upon the winds to speed their movements or attacks; this can also be used oppositely to slow the movements or attacks of others.
- Children of Notus have the ability to create a dense fog which obstructs the view of everyone nearby which dissipates after a short time.
- Children of Notus are able to create a small localized rain storm, combined with winds, they can use this to not only soak their opponents but drive rain into them, distracting them and slowing them down, however anyone standing within the area will get wet, friend or foe.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Notus have the ability to call upon a focused heat storm which burns a small area, drying out all plant life inside it. Anyone standing inside the storm may be scalded by the heat, and the longer they stand in the affected area, the worse the damage. The area can not be any more than two to three times the size of the user and doesn’t affect them.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Notus can temporarily cause the oxygen around an opponent to be extremely hot so that when they breathe in it causes minor to moderate burns to their throat. The power does not cause any severe or permanent damage. The longer this power is in effect, the more energy is drained from the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Notus have the ability to shed their flesh and turn into a state of pure steam for a short time and while in this state the user is granted flight, becomes immune to all attacks, their existing powers over heat and wind are enhanced and anything they touch is intensely burned. Once the user changes back they will be extremely drained and immobile for a long time, and they could possibly pass out from the experience.
- Children of Notus are often ambidextrous, a trait they share with children of Boreas.
- Children of Notus have a natural preference for places in the Southern Hemisphere, the further south the better. They also prefer anywhere warm in general.
- Children of Notus make excellent navigators due to their ability to always find South.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.