Geras has cursed Hebe's fountain of youth, the Trevi Fountain (see picture above), to cause sickness and aging to those who drink and swim in it (He and Hebe are opposite numbers, rivals and mortal enemies, so we don't really need a reason on why he did it). Hebe commands Audie to undo the curse by blessing it with his powers, coupled with a shower of drachmas and prayers (as tribute to Hebe and whoever god owns the fountain's very water). Having stayed and trained at camp for about 3 years now, she has chosen him to conduct the quest. As soon as he undoes the curse, Hebe will transfer the power of the fountain to a new, yet unknown, location elsewhere, as a preventive measure against Geras.
Locations and Info:
- Camp Half-Blood Entrance: The questers gather here before leaving.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): They board a plane bound for Florence, Italy.
- Florence Airport, Peretola: The plane lands here, located very close to the actual city. As soon as they leave to board a bus for Florence, they are attacked by three laestrygonian giants.
- Palazzo Mozzi: They will meet up with a cloud nymph, servant of Iris, and she gives them the bags of drachmas. As they make their way back to the Florence Airport in Peretola (bound for Rome), they are chased down by myrmekes (about 5 to 7) who are attracted by the hefty sum of golden loot.
- Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport: Their plane lands here, some miles southwest of Rome. They board a bus for Rome, but the vehicle experiences a mechanical problem, so they have to wait for about 30 minutes for the next bus to come (a good time to get together, take a break, or something).
- Trastevere District, Rome: On their way to the Trevi Fountain, they are tricked by the bandit Procrustes, to stay in his small hotel, seeing how tired they are. He is sent by Geras to prevent Audie and others from reaching the fountain, and kill them under the guise of his hospitality.
- Trevi Fountain, Trevi District, Rome: Finally, Audie, with the help of his co-questers, undoes the curse done by Geras.
Note: The numbering will also be the usual sequence of posting.
By Youth's command, four heroes left to roam--
In search of the toxic fountain in Rome.
What was expected will not save the day,
Yet a accident shall be a blessing--
In exchange of one's dear treasure to pay.
During their encounter with Procrustes, they lose a lot of their drachmas in order to bribe him, meaning the remaining amount isn't enough to counter the curse of Geras. In an attempt to do something, Audie semi-accidentally falls over the fountain while it is still impure, and he ages not only physically but also mentally. However, because of what he did, he is able to complete the blessing, at the cost of his own youth.
Camp Half-Blood Entrance
- Audie: He sits on the hood of the camp's van, with his khaki backpack on his lap. He sports a green hoodie with a white star printed on it, beige jeans cut into shorts, and matching green Nike shoes. Judging from the Koko Krunch box on his hand, he seems to be eating his breakfast.
- Lewis: He walks toward the camp entrance, wearing a white hawaiian shirt with red tropical flowers, bermuda shorts, slippers and sunglasses. His outfit seems to be for a beach party more than it seems to be for a quest. However, he thinks the he should at least be fashionable if he is to embark on a dangerous journey that could lead him to his death. He is also dragging a very large yellow travel bag with wheels, filled with clothes and other stuff, but mostly clothes. He approaches Audie and pushes his sunglasses up his hair. "Heyo dude. You here for the quest?"
- Audie: He looks at him with glittering eyes, clearly happy to see one of his co-questers. He lays down the cereal box on the van's hood and jumps off of it to greet Lewis. With his mouth semi-full of Koko Krunch he says with all the tones of happiness in it, "Mhm! Moi ish da leeadeeer, Audieee!" He holds out a messy hand.
- Lewis: He smiles, clearly amused of Audie's childish presence. He shakes his hand, not minding the bits of cereal in it that are now being smoshed into his hand. "So, the others are not here yet huh?" He decides to wait and sit on a tree stump. After a few more minutes of sheer boredom, he decides to take out his iPhone so he can play a game called "2048".
- Andrea: she walks towards the camp entrance holding onto her backpack slightly tip toe-ing looking if someone is already there for the quest
- Audie: On his way back to sit on the hood, he notices Andrea making her way silently. He waves at her and beckons to join him and Lewis, "Heeeey!!! Are chu ey quest-matey?"
- Beau: Knowing he was late and that Audie and the gang were probably already waiting for him, he quickly runs out of his cabin with a backpack. As soon as he sets foot on the dirt path, his body merges with the dirt and he begins to earth travel to where they were going to meet. When he gets to the area and is no longer merged with the dirt path, he stumbles and evidently falls onto the ground, "Owie!" He slowly gets up, rubbing his forehead. He is wearing blue and black checkered long sleeved shirt and khaki shorts. His long sleeved shirt has the sleeves rolled up. He is also wearing a pair of birkenstocks.
- Audie: As soon as he greets Andrea, he catches sight of Beau tripping on the ground. Having known him on some other quest (considering it's canon), he happily skips his way to give him a warm welcome as well. "Heya!!! Areyn't chu Bee-yuu (Beau, just in case xD)?"
- Beau: He smiles a big goofy grin towards Audie and the others, "Yeash! And chur Aw-dee (Audie)!!!"
- Andrea: she blinks her eyes for a couple of times at the two who looks like child-ish for her