- Children of Plutus can fire off drachma coins that materialize from their fingertips at a very high speed - fast enough that they could pierce and cut through skin upon contact. However, they cannot use this excessively, and will need a brief period of rest between turns before it can become usable again.
- Children of Plutus can induce a powerful desire for money and wealth upon a target, making them think of various material possessions and riches. This would leave them vulnerable to attacks.
- Children of Plutus have the ability to summon precious metals from the earth - diamonds, gold, other gem stones - and use them to create a wall, or a dome that could be used to blunt attacks and shield them from harm. However, they could only be roughly two or three times the size of the user, and they will crumble to dust after a short while.
- Children of Plutus get innately stronger when they are in possession of large amounts of money. The more money they have, the more powerful they get. They can also draw power from nearby locations that have an abundant source of wealth, e.g., banks, gold mines, ATM vestibules, etc.
- Children of Plutus naturally exude an aura that could make the people around them tend to be more greedy or possessive over their money and material wealth. They could turn this ability on and off as they please.
- Children of Plutus innately know the exact location of money, as well as luxurious high-end items within a ten mile radius. And the exact amount of money someone has on their person. This could make them excellent treasure hunters or thieves.
- Children of Plutus have inherent knowledge of the different currency exchange rates of the world, as well as the price value of different material items. They can also identify gemstones and other precious metals just by touching them.
- Children of Plutus can summon a large number of drachma coins and command them to be magnetized on an opponent’s body for a short time, after which they lose effect and fall off the body they were attached to. This could leave an opponent vulnerable to attack or give the user a chance to flee. This can only be done if the user is able to see their target.
- Children of Plutus can enchant a piece of paper money or a coin with an aura of greed, which would cause surrounding people to quickly desire it. This can be used to distract a single opponent or cause a group of people to fight over the desired item. This can only affect a person once during a fight.
- Children of Plutus can transform items into a piece of paper money - this could be an opponent’s weapon or shield, or other equipment. The item would remain in this form for a fair amount of time, and this could place an opponent at a disadvantage. However only one item can be transformed at a time.
- Children of Plutus can create paper bills and coins out of thin air, which can be used in transactions out in the real world. The more money they generate at a time, the more energy is drained. Constant abuse of this power - i.e., generating large heaps of money that would amount to USD 100,000 and above in one instant - could cause the user to pass out for at least a day.
- Children of Plutus can telekinetic move small amounts of paper bills with their minds, the larger amounts they move means the more energy drained.
3 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Plutus can turn precious metals into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs (such as animals or golems) and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence; however, only one combative item or semi-living construct can be conjured at a time and it cannot be larger than roughly twice the size of the one that conjured it. The longer they maintain combative items and semi-living constructs, the more it drains their energy, so they are more limited for the time they can keep these things cohesive. If they create a combative item they can telekinetically move it with their mind.
6 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Plutus have the ability to cover their entire bodies with precious metal coating. The form they adapt depends on the user, and they all have varying effects - diamond for immense durability, silver for reflecting energy attacks, copper to act as a lightning rod, etc. This gives them extra properties that could prove useful in battle, and they could even mix and match and use multiple precious metals depending on their choice. However, their movements are more restricted and sluggish this way, and they cannot be as quick and agile as they would have been without the precious metal covering their body. Also, the longer their form is maintained, the more energy is drained from the user.
9 Months After Character is Made
- Children of Plutus have the ability to temporarily don "The Golden Touch". With this, they can turn literally everything they touch into gold, including, but not limited to, physical objects, elements (like water, earth and fire, but with the exclusion of air), energy attacks, and even other living beings, except the gods, of course. However, the effects are not permanent, and will wear off after a fair amount of time. The effects are also not instantaneous, and the pace of the transformation depends on the size of the target. In the case of living beings, they cannot be fully transformed into gold quickly, and the transformation will have to start from somewhere. For example if the user touches the arm of the target, the transformation will begin there and will then spread to the other parts of the body, until they are fully turned into gold. After using this power, the user will be extremely drained of energy - unable to move and could even possibly faint.
- Children of Plutus often make great economists, businessmen, accountants, pawn brokers and even treasure hunters because of their affinity with money and material wealth.
- Children of Plutus often find themselves living a luxurious and wealthy life, or if not, grow to accumulate more wealth over time through various reasons. Those close to them - like friends, lovers and family - could also find themselves affected by this.
- Children of Plutus normally excel at games where money is involved as a prize. For example, they have higher chances of winning when it comes to the lottery, or in different casino games, as well as betting on different sports games especially when a high sum of money is involved.
- Children of Plutus tend to greatly care about financial success, and while these reasons can usually be selfish, some can be driven by a desire to aid loved ones and even strangers with their wealth. But most can agree that making money is one of the most important things in the world to them.
- While many children of Plutus find legitimate ways to make money, others are willing to go to extreme lengths for it, like getting involved in highly illegal activities such as drug trafficking and arms dealing for the sake of money. This can sometimes send them down rather immoral paths.
Tucked away in a clouded nook of the Caucasus mountains lies a Russian village mysteriously dubbed as the city of the dead, known mainly for their necropolis of deceased that speckle the land in stone tombs and crypts. Dedicated to the families and clans that populated the land, some date back before the sixteenth century during a plague that ravaged the small village and left the locals with myths and legends that surrounded the tombs, stating that those in go in will never come out alive again. It was within the perimeters of this very village that Mikhail Aristov's story truly began - his mother, a mere mortal and father, the god Dionysus brought a child into the world. Born in one of the various small huts that dotted the green rolling hills of Dargavs, Mikhail was a healthy baby boy and the apple of his mother's eye.
Mikhail lived a relatively peaceful life in the beginning with his father and mother, Dionysus still occasionally visiting around that time to bring him gifts. Eventually, the little boy started to grow up and stopped waiting around for his father to show up as the visits became seldom. He had his mother by his side well into his teens and life in the mountains became a safe training area for the demigod as he blossomed into a young man. When his mother eventually grew old and passed away from natural causes, Mikhail chose to leave Dargavs behind in favor of migrating to Norway to experience more from the world. It was here that he chose to start a business of his own, a passion soon becoming a source of income for Mikhail as he became Norway's biggest vodka manufacturer. Death Wish Vodka skyrocketed to the top charts for its unique component of pure water from the Dargavs' coin wells that dotted his home's terrain. It was said that when Ossetians buried their dead, they would drop a coin into a well and if it hit a stone at the bottom then the soul had reached heaven.
As the company expanded into other countries, Mikhail found himself frequenting Dargvas once again despite his permeant residence in Norway so that he could ship the water to his distilleries. Upon visiting his old hut and going through his mother's things, Mikhail discovered an old family crypt on the outskirts of the mountain that was secluded from the rest. It could have been because that particular crypt was unmarked and said to be shrouded in misfortune and dark legends. The locals avoided this crypt, believing that opening it could unleash another plague on the region. However, Mikhail didn't really believe in such fickle stories so he set out to break into the crypt. In true Ossetian fashion, the people tended to bury their dead with their clothing and belongings so Mikhail grew curious of his family's history.
Upon entering the crypt, it was obvious that it hadn't been graced by the presence of a mortal for a very long time by the amount of cobwebs and dust coating the coffins that lined the walls of the two-story hut. Mikhail discovered a small fortune of jewels and gold coins stashed away in the oldest Aristov' tomb but before he could gather his family's hidden legacy and leave, he found his path blocked by a tall golden haired man with milky blue eyes that alluded to the fact that he was entirely blind. Introducing himself as the god Plutus, he had no reason to hide his identity from Mikhail and praised him for finding the small treasure trove. Undeniable chemistry blossomed between the god and demigod and Mikhail even offered to give him tours of his distillery in Norway as a way to coax the god into spending more time with him. Plutus eventually obliged and followed the son of Dionysus to another country, spending a little over a month with Mikhail before inevitably disappearing without a trace. As the man had grown so used to the Greek gods popping in and out of lives, Mikhail didn't appear too upset with the arrangement and seemed pretty uncaring when Plutus didn't show up one day.
Moving on from his fling with ease, Mikhail continued to expand the dynasty he was creating by producing Death Wish Vodka, his family fortune partially going into the expansion of the company. After merely two years of operation, the company set up another distillery in America and increased its production volume and staff to keep up with the rigorous demands. Months passed before Death Wish Vodka started popping up in local and smaller bars all over the States and eventually Mikhail's networth continued to incline rapidly. Right after promoting an official to run his production in America, Mikhail was able to return to his mansion in Norway only to have Plutus show up at his door one night with a small bundle in his arms. Revealing a baby with fire-red hair swaddled in black, Plutus swore up and down that the child belonged to both of them and was specially chiseled from the earth's purest ruby gemstone with Mikhail in mind as the god demonstrated his ability to mind-meld a child into existence. Plutus refused to leave the pair until he found out his baby's name and Mikhail chose Valkyrie after the Norwegian female spirits who choose who lived and died on the battlefield, mainly because of how fiery she was at such a young age; she had gripped onto Mikhail's finger with a surprisingly tight grip for a baby and almost turned it fully purple. Begrudgingly, Plutus left the two and disappeared for the last time as Mikhail never seen him again.
Valkyrie was a quick study from the start and had an adept affinity for charming just about anyone she came across, buttering up even the most rigid of Aristov Manor's staff and often coaxing them into doing her bidding. She grew up in complete luxury and the first food she ever tried was white truffles, her daily meals amounting to over thousands of dollars just by the age of four. By the age of six, Valkyrie was taken beneath her father's wing for personal education on both how to be successful businesswoman but also be a kick-ass demigod but that didn't stop her from rebelling on the side and starting to steal valuable objexts. Who said you couldn't excel at both? It was around this time that she came up the marketing technique of adding a mortal silver drachma to each bottle of Death Wish Vodka, gifting one real golden drachma to every five thousand bottles produced as fuel for sales and the idea became a huge hit.
Being raised by a single father was one thing but being raised by a single demigod father was another and Mikhail did his best to keep the monster attacks to a minimum while his daughter retained some semblance of a normal life like shopping for expensive clothing and going to set exhibits. He had hired his own demigod security team and had top notch systems to keep track of all areas of the Norwegian estate so that his daughter would be safe most times. Valkyrie was free to roam the grounds and found a friend in a Epimelide, a nymph of one of the apple tree that grew on the property. The pair had a special bond and she often affectionately gifted Valkyrie the best and juiciest apples from her tree. However, everything had a weak spot as we learned from Achilles and the manor's security was breached by pair of Myrmeke. It was summertime so Valkyrie was playing in the brook that ran alongside her favorite apple tree and glistened with pretty stones and shiny pieces of gold. As a daughter of Plutus, she barely had to pan for the gold from the brook as it essentially fell into her hands. Unfortunately for her, Valkyrie had found a large hunk of raw gold in the brook right around the time that the Myrmeke's appeared. Being obsessed with shiny things, both antlike monsters charged for the seven year old before the tree nymph started to launch counterattacks to keep them at bay. Mikhail arrived just in time to save his daughter but unfortunately the nymph perished from the poison the Myrmeke's sprayed.
From that day forward, Mikhail chose to increase Valkyrie's training by introducing many different styles such as karate, jujitsu, kungfo, judo and a few others that melded together over time. From the age of eight until fourteen, all Valkyrie did was study in the morning and fight in the afternoon with the occasional secret kleptomania. As a gift for all her hard work, Mikhail gifted Valkyrie with specifically forged celestial bronze ring blades that were encrusted in rubies and could change size to fit her wrist or grow as big as a plate. Valkyrie honed her fighting technique with her new weapons and became a force to reckon with amongst her trainers and father.
By age sixteen, the demigod set her sights on prized artwork at the various galas and shows she attended and more specifically - fashion and royal jewels as her taste from stealing in her childhood reared its ugly head. She went from planning the most fool-proof heist plans for fun to actually executing it one day at one of her father's rich business partner's gala, robbing him of several royal pieces and even some old artwork as it didn't help the old man's security was worth diddly-squat against a demigod and daughter of Plutus. Heists became a new addiction and she craved the adrenaline and money made off her lucrative side hobby, constantly plotting and looking forward the her next biggest power move. That was until she got too ambition and tried to rob a local Norwegian museum of some demigod artifacts and she almost got away with it if it hadn't been a cover operation for a ring of drug smugglers who used many of the artwork to ship their goods without being discovered. Muffled about the stolen drugs that Valkyrie made off with, they tracked down her family and murdered her father in his bed while he slept when they couldn't find Valkyrie.
Picking up life after her father's death was a tough weight to bear on her shoulders and the newfound title of CEO to a massive tycoon at merely the age of seventeen was a daunting task. The company's council of directors eventually chose to temporarily assign someone within the business to handle matters until Valkyrie became of legal age to take over full responsibility. In the meantime, the security team enlisted by her father voted to help get her to Camp Half-Blood if she'd like to finish her training and be around more of her own kind. Taking the offer, she finally found her way to Camp in hopes of finding what she should do next while learning to grieve the loss of her dad.
Valkyrie is a relatively easy going person and doesn't appear to have too bad of a temper aside from the occasional snippish remark which can be hard to bite your tongue when you come from her pedigree and upringing. She's extremely intelligent and quite a little charmer as she knows how to pertain and entertain anyone's biggest desires. Plus, she believes that everything has a price and it's just a matter of establishing how much someone is willing to sell anything for. She is a smooth businesswoman despite her young age thanks to the close parenting and monitoring of her late father and tends to follow closely in his footsteps. She is ruthless when it comes to deals and getting what she wants and with time, she is destined to be on top when she's old enough to run her father's company. Now the head of the tycoon, the redhead tends to find herself overwhelmed by the responsibility and expectation laid out for her - even if she would never admit it.
Valkyrie has a silver tongue and tends to mold herself to be whatever the person wants at that time; a shoulder to cry on, a friend to talk to, someone to give you a kick in the ass or just about anything as long as it benefits herself in the long run. She comes from a family that believes if you haven't bested someone by breakfast, they will best you by dinner in return. It's not that she doesn't feel guilty for going behind backs, it's moreso a focus of what she can gain from doing so and how it feeds into her materialistic addiction. Despite her father's fortune, the demigoddess has already culled quite a tiny treasure trove of her very own from the heists she performed. Although currently taking a break from her adept scheming and plotting, Valkyrie fully intends to return to her old ways and eventually return to the game of scoping out galas, museums and secret vaults of the wealthy and stupid. As long as it glitters or sparkles, Valkyrie wants it and she will find a way to get it.