Daughter of Cybele / Lt. Counsellor
New Athens? No thanks, not yet! Camp Half-Blood Joined November 2018 827Following 359KFollowers
History @victoryvictorie • May 07
Phillipe Latourette and his sister Angelica loved their home in Beynac-et-Cazenac, but both strived for different things. When they were 27 and 24 respectively, they moved away from the village, Phillipe to Ottawa, Canada, and Angelica to Lyon, in the region of Rhône-Alpes. In Ottawa, Phillipe met a woman who went by the name of Cynthia. Phillipe, being who he was, never looked for a proper relationship until he was at least 30, and ended up having a one night stand with Cynthia. She left, and he soon forgot about her, until nine months later, a little baby girl was handed to him. The woman who he got it off wasn't Cynthia, which surprised him. All said woman told him, was that the girl was newly born that day (15th February 1998), and that Cynthia was Cybele, a Greek goddess. After giving Phillipe his daughter, the woman vanished. He then named his daughter Victorie-Rose, after his victory of moving to Canada, and his favourite flower.
Phillipe adored his daughter, and always took her to Lyon to see his sister and her son, Cáne. Unknowingly, when Victorie-Rose was 8, and after years of having on and off relationships, Phillipe fell in love with Melanie, a satyress. In reality, Melanie was told by a son of Zeus, that a demigod girl would be nearing her attacks soon, and that she should be protected. Over time, Melanie fell in love with Phillipe herself.
The "family" of three enjoyed life, always going to different parts of America to have weekends out and such. When she was 12, Victorie-Rose was attacked by a fire-breathing horse. At the time, the three were in their backgarden. Melanie, following the demigod's instructions, defended Victorie-Rose from the monster. After the attack, Phillipe died of an disease, and Zeus took pity on the satyresses sadness, and turned Phillipe into a storm nymph, so the satyress who had before defended a few of his children, could be happy.
For the next two years, Victorie-Rose still had a few attacks, but with her father and step-mother there, she was protected each time. When Melanie heard of Camp Half-Blood, she urged Phillipe to send Victorie-Rose there, in which he did. At first, the travelling was going well, but before long, a hellhound attacked the car that they were in, and injured Melanie badly. Phillipe was over in Lyon, visiting Angelica, so Victorie-Rose, following Melanie's small training that she had given her, attacked the hellhound with a small dagger, that belonged to Melanine. Let's just say that Victorie-Rose was doing well before she decided to run to the Camp border and tripped up, letting the hellhound nearly savage her, and by that, some nasty gashes and such to her arms and legs. A camper, Beau Chambre, another child of Cybele, ran out and dragged her into Camp, whilst the hellhound's attention was drawn to by Melanie. A few days after going to Camp, she recieved some weapons (bow and arrows and a small axe), given to her by her step-mother. The bow and arrows were from Cybele, and the axe was a birthday present.
Powers @victoryvictorie • May 07
[ 3/6/9 Powers Unlocked ]
- Children of Cybele have the ability to transform any aspect of earth into any weapon they desire. Only one weapon can be created at a time and it cannot be bigger than the one who created it.
- Children of Cybele can create a small tornado formed of leaves and grass blades. As the floral tornado spins faster, the leaves and grass blades become hard and strong enough to cut an someone. When the tornado's at it's fastest, the child can launch the blades of grass and the leaves at an opponent.
- Children of Cybele have the ability to make an opponent feel as if their feet have become hardened and stuck to the ground, making their movements slower.If the user attacks while this power is in effect, it automatically wears off. So the power is purely defensive.
- Children of Cybele are able to create a earth wall, no larger than 2 to 3 times the size of the user, to temporarily block attacks.
- Children of Cybele have the innate ability to communicate with all wild animals.
- Children of Cybele become more sensitive to their surroundings and feel stronger when in mountains, caves and forests.
- Children of Cybele heal faster when they touch a piece of nature such as a tree or a flower.
- Children of Cybele can telekinetically move elements of nature, such as rocks, plants and vines. The part of nature must be roughly two to four meters away from the child, cannot be 2 or 3 the size of the user. The bigger the element of nature and the more elements moved, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Cybele can create small boulders roughly two times the size of the child, this can be used for a diversion, hiding, or thrown as a weapon. However the longer the boulder is used, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Cybele have the innate ability to call upon all nearby wild animals for aid in battling, as well as take control over animals that others are controlling (such as a child of Zeus with birds or a child of Poseidon with horses etc.). The larger the group of animals, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Cybele can use dirt, mud, rock, stone, etc to teleport anywhere on Earth. Which could be known as Earth-Travel. The user merges with the earth beneath them and reforms elsewhere. The further they travel the more energy it drains.
- Children of Cybele have the ability to create quicksand pits around a small area for a short time, the larger the quicksand pit is, the more energy is drained.
- Children of Cybele can create a powerful quake affecting everything within 10 meters of them. The power of the quake can be scaled depending on how long the user wants it to last. A quake that just knocks the opponent over may last 20 seconds. A quake that throws them a few feet in the air may last 5. Finally, the whole quake may be focused into a single shock-wave with the power to bounce a car a half meter or so. This requires several moments of focus beforehand, lasts only a few seconds, and can only be used once every few hours. During the quake, the user is immobile. The user is quite drained after the earthquake subsides.
- Children of Cybele have the ability to morph into a lion/lioness for a short time. They can turn into either a full lion or a humanoid cat form. In the human/lion form, they are twice as faster and stronger than before. Their senses are also quite sharper as well. They also tend to be more violent and volatile in this state. Once the transformation ends, the user is extremely drained. Using the hybrid form is more draining rather than the full lion form. They will not be able to move and could possibly faint.
- Children of Cybele typically love animals and act protective of them. Becoming vegetarians and taking on many pets are common actions for her children.
- Children of Cybele tend to excel at rock climbing, mountain climbing, etc.
- Children of Cybele normally love being outside and enjoying what nature has to offer. Even to the point where they possess an intense love and overprotective spirit over nature.
- Children of Cybele will often grow up to be zoologists, geologists, veterinarians, ecologists etc.
Relationships @victoryvictorie • May 07
Gallery @victoryvictorie • May 07
Custom Trivia @victoryvictorie • May 07
- Victorie is the inaugural lieutenant counsellor of Cybele's Cabin, having first taken up the position when the cabin was made in 2013.
- Thus far she is the only lieutenant counsellor of Cybele's Cabin to have existed